Mar 7, 2010
he could be an equipment manager?

[love the guy but he's done]

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Ciao....

Luckily we never signed him the last time he made his attempted comeback despite all the calls from the overly nostalgic fan boys. Raffl may not have gotten his chance....

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
You guys are monsters! This is SIMON GAGNE! Have some respect!

I know it likely isn't rational, but I don't care. Bring Gagne back and retire him as a Flyer.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Gagne + Vinny + Briere 4th line :sarcasm:

Unfortunately that would leave no Roster Spot and Cap Space for Mike Knuble. :sarcasm:

For the record... I loved each and every one of these players... so no disrespect intended. It is just so hard for players with such heart and innate talent to hang up their skate... just look at all the attempts Foppa... and how long Preems put off giving up hope. Best of Luck to Gagne... I sincerely hope he goes as far has the gas in his tank and tread on his tires allows in this Cap Era NHL Business.... but I honestly doubt it will be with the Flyers.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I ****ing loved gags. My second favourite Flyer of all time (G is 1st). Wish him the best, but I would be shocked if he ends up here. Like others have said, hopefully he gets to retire a Flyer and play 1 last game in the orange and black.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I ****ing loved gags. My second favourite Flyer of all time (G is 1st). Wish him the best, but I would be shocked if he ends up here. Like others have said, hopefully he gets to retire a Flyer and play 1 last game in the orange and black.

I believe the 'normal' practice on the one-day-to-retire-with-Team is that they sign and immediately retire. I would imagine that in the Cap Era with a Cap Strapped Team such as the Flyers, they would have to jump through hoops and maybe disrupt their plan for the Roster to allow him to actually be signed and on the Roster in-Season, and play a game.

That said, I wonder if Gags is over his hard feelings over being jilted after what he called being promised a spot by Homer... and would actually want to retire as a Flyer.

BTW: Somebody please refresh my memory... Did Leclair ever retire as a Flyer? I remember the talk of it, but it being put off as Johnny Vermont kept on trying to return to the NHL as a real player... I kinda think that that screwed up the works.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was only barely hanging on with the Bruins. I don't think he would have made it through the season there.

He better not be too picky about where he wants to play. Frankly, he's lucky if he gets a contract offer before training camp.

I believe the 'normal' practice on the one-day-to-retire-with-Team is that they sign and immediately retire. I would imagine that in the Cap Era with a Cap Strapped Team such as the Flyers, they would have to jump through hoops and maybe disrupt their plan for the Roster to allow him to actually be signed and on the Roster in-Season, and play a game.

That said, I wonder if Gags is over his hard feelings over being jilted after what he called being promised a spot by Homer... and would actually want to retire as a Flyer.

BTW: Somebody please refresh my memory... Did Leclair ever retire as a Flyer? I remember the talk of it, but it being put off as Johnny Vermont kept on trying to return to the NHL as a real player... I kinda think that that screwed up the works.

The rumor was that after being released by the Penguins, LeClair was going to sign with the Flyers at the end of the season (it being 2007), and play a handful of games, but it fell through.

It's not really as hard, they could sign him to a try-out in-season. But that's hokey, you can't do that in a game that counts in the standings.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
The rumor was that after being released by the Penguins, LeClair was going to sign with the Flyers at the end of the season (it being 2007), and play a handful of games, but it fell through.

It's not really as hard, they could sign him to a try-out in-season. But that's hokey, you can't do that in a game that counts in the standings.

I believe I recall that after that Season Johnny still had hopes/expectations of signing with another Team for a regular role and kept on hoping... never to sign that one day Contract and retirement papers... and never to ever get that sniff from a new Team. After a while I suppose it would be 'funny' to do any such thing after the fact.

With Gagne; I agree that in today's NHL with so many three-point games, where every point is so crucial in either making the PostSeason or in the Seeding, a Team such as the current edition of the Flyers can't really fart around with a Roster spot and dressed player... to give him one more on-ice game. Better, if he is still open to it, to have a ceremonial sing and retire at/after Camp and be happy he retired in O&B.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I believe I recall that after that Season Johnny still had hopes/expectations of signing with another Team for a regular role and kept on hoping... never to sign that one day Contract and retirement papers... and never to ever get that sniff from a new Team. After a while I suppose it would be 'funny' to do any such thing after the fact.

With Gagne; I agree that in today's NHL with so many three-point games, where every point is so crucial in either making the PostSeason or in the Seeding, a Team such as the current edition of the Flyers can't really fart around with a Roster spot and dressed player... to give him one more on-ice game. Better, if he is still open to it, to have a ceremonial sing and retire at/after Camp and be happy he retired in O&B.

I like what Daniel Alfredsson did this year - he took the warmup with the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad