Proposal: Simon Despres for Tobias Rieder

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
That doesn't make him a top 6 player. People complain about having too many Coglianos already. But they want another 15 goal 35 point guy?

Not really the same type of player. He has good hands is more of a natural shooter. He's just below 0.5 PPG, which is basically what most teams #6 forward produces these days. On top of that he is 23 and a sophomore with time to grow. He's not far behind Silfverberg as a player overall. Half the year he is even better.

I remember in the WC last year, my dad would laugh when this german would deke around two Swedish defenders and set up a teammate to a nice scoring chance. You are selling him short. Rieder can be a 40-50 point winger in this league.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Who's going to feel confident signing with the Ducks if our GM shuttles away player after player after signing them? Despres is a good d-man, on a fair deal. Just keep him.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Despres (if he can stay healthy) is a young middle pairing guy. To me, that holds more value than an also young middle six type player. I like Despres' game and I think he's in the fold for a while, especially after signing that deal.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Despres has had injury problems with concussions. That is a big worry. If he didn't miss so many games this year because of them wouldn't think about trading him.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Despres has had injury problems with concussions. That is a big worry. If he didn't miss so many games this year because of them wouldn't think about trading him.
Lindholm also had concussion worries after coming across in his first year in NA.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
When a player has been injured with concussions and is showing clear signs he isn't the same player and sucks in playoffs sure I feel like trading him. Worry he will never be the same.

Sample size. Look at Silf. Serious head injuries take a while. Not sold on Simon's brains being perma-scrambled.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
When a player has been injured with concussions and is showing clear signs he isn't the same player and sucks in playoffs sure I feel like trading him. Worry he will never be the same.

Well, I'm sure the other 29 teams are going to trade for him under those circumstances.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Dude it's one game! He was incredible for us in the playoffs last year.

Holy **** the overreactions are crazy on here

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
yeah, he didn't get a concussion last year either. He's a worse player right now than he was last year.

Obviously. Has enough time passed to give up on him? No, that's just dumb. He's had a tough year in many ways (most of them aren't his fault). You have to give him the offseason and at least half of next year to see if he can return to the level he was at last year. He has all the tools to be a shutdown #4 that we need oh so badly with all these young puck movers we've drafted and developed

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Sample size. Look at Silf. Serious head injuries take a while. Not sold on Simon's brains being perma-scrambled.

Silf after coming back from any kind of injury slows him down needing a good amount of time before he starts producing.

Despres might need some time but he isn't as physical as before which was a important part of his game. I would have more worries about concussion effect him then Silf. We have so many young defenseman including ones that will need to get into the lineup over the next few years and then expansion draft possibly coming so trading Despres isn't that bad a idea.

Obviously. Has enough time passed to give up on him? No, that's just dumb. He's had a tough year in many ways (most of them aren't his fault). You have to give him the offseason and at least half of next year to see if he can return to the level he was at last year. He has all the tools to be a shutdown #4 that we need oh so badly with all these young puck movers we've drafted and developed

And if he isn't a physical and good as before after the offseason and half of next season? By then his trade value would drop more.

mytduxfan*

Right now, I'd trade him for Yak straight up. He's not been anywhere as good this year. 3.7M is going to be steep next year.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
We're not getting anything better than pennies for Despres at the moment.

No GM is going to give up anything good after his concussion history, his playoff performance, and his price tag. Might as well stick with him and hope he comes back 100%.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
We're not getting anything better than pennies for Despres at the moment.

No GM is going to give up anything good after his concussion history, his playoff performance, and his price tag. Might as well stick with him and hope he comes back 100%.

That is probably what we will end up doing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad