Value of: Simmonds & Morin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Simmonds would be so good in TB. I'd love Yzerman to take a swing at him as a rental for the season if they decide to drop out on EK.

And, in theory, he could be SUPER cheap on your cap number -- but his trade return goes up of course

If the Flyers retained on his 1 year at 50 percent, his contract goes down to less than 2 mill.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don’t think we should deal Morin. He still has a lot of talent, but Hakstol doesn’t like his game so he may have to change it. We have him for 3 years at 700K which is only beneficial for us to have his services for that long. No reason to sell low on a devalued asset.

Simmer will cost a lot for flyers fans- the sentimentality of him is too much. For someone with the injuries that he had who could put up 24 goals with an arm that barely worked, couldn’t talk (why he did no interviews), a bad hip/pelvis, and a bad foot- he’s still good although he may start his decline.

Simmer—> 1st + good prospect.

Morin—> B Prospect/Similar type Dman.

Packaged together—> 1st + Blue chip

I don't think things add up that way.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Simmonds would be so good in TB. I'd love Yzerman to take a swing at him as a rental for the season if they decide to drop out on EK.
Flyers would retain. I’d love to see simmer and Tampa win a cup. He’d be a monster in his role there. Here he needs to be a better 5-5 guy and unfortunately that’s not likely to happen

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
In theory, TB could land Simmonds and EK this year probably with retention on Simmonds.

I wouldn't mind Tampa winning if they could pull that kind of move off
They prob should win already so with those two it would be a near sure thing as there could be. Simmonds really is a great over the topper kind of player. If he’s made available the top 5 contenders or so should be making offers to have him and block him from other teams.

Anyway, I also would not trade ghost straight for EK. Ghost has shown he can be consistently as productive or close to it and he really played great defensively last season. He appears to be a top pair dman playing for less than 5 mill a year. You are talking about losing him and several additional assets where the salary alone could afford to fill several spots a cupcontender would need. The flyers are in great shape salary wise. If they get Provorov to a good deal they will be set up so well to contend for a long time.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Flyers would retain. I’d love to see simmer and Tampa win a cup. He’d be a monster in his role there. Here he needs to be a better 5-5 guy and unfortunately that’s not likely to happen
I agree. Tampa needs someone that plays that style so badly. I was really hoping Killorn might kind of develop into that kind of player but that didn't pan out

I'm not sure that if TB made a move for Simmonds that EK would still be in the cards. They'd have to give up a ton of future for that. I'm perfectly in favor of leveraging future for the now, especially if you can win a Cup, but with dealing off Howden and Hajek to NYR, Foote would likely be moving to OTT in a deal for EK along with another prospect and probably a guy like Gourde off the roster...I don't know that TB could afford the asset cost of them both when they'd need those assets to fill in for the cap squeeze.

IF TB decided they were out on EK and just going to take their chances next season, I'd be all about picking up Simmonds, retention or not.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad