Value of: Simmonds & Morin

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Krug and Donato straight up. Hockey trade.

I’d rather deal Simmonds for an assets that have team control. It is an interesting deal though and would do it if something better wasn’t available. I like Donato and while I still think Morin has potential, he’s fallen down the depth chart. Krug could be flipped for futures, there isn’t a need for him.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don’t think we should deal Morin. He still has a lot of talent, but Hakstol doesn’t like his game so he may have to change it. We have him for 3 years at 700K which is only beneficial for us to have his services for that long. No reason to sell low on a devalued asset.

Simmer will cost a lot for flyers fans- the sentimentality of him is too much. For someone with the injuries that he had who could put up 24 goals with an arm that barely worked, couldn’t talk (why he did no interviews), a bad hip/pelvis, and a bad foot- he’s still good although he may start his decline.

Simmer—> 1st + good prospect.

Morin—> B Prospect/Similar type Dman.

Packaged together—> 1st + Blue chip

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
EK65 + Bobby Ryan for those two plus Ghost.

Most Flyers fans will balk at this but I think it's fair and reasonable. While I'd love to just add EK65 to our defense there just isn't enough pucks for both him and Ghost to be fully effective. EK65 makes Ghost expendable. Simmonds is worth a 1st and good prospect. Morin is still a prospect with top 4 potential. I think that is a fair package for EK65.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
EK65 + Bobby Ryan for those two plus Ghost.

1) Wouldn't do that for EK unless he were locked up;

2) Would have to include MacDonald in that to balance salary.

3) Really wouldn't want to trade Ghost, AMac, AND Morin; who else is playing D for us?\

I want Karlsson in addition to Ghost, not as an upgraded replacement.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
What about Simmonds, Morin, Andrew MacDonald (cap dump), and Morgan Frost (top prospect) for Karlsson and Ryan ($2.5 million retained)? Neither Karlsson nor Simmonds locked up in this scenario.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Krug and Donato straight up. Hockey trade.
How do you feel about Klefbom + for Krug and Donato? That's something I'd be very interested in and would make sense for you guys to get a steadier more 2 way guy to play top pairing with Mcavoy who is a younger guy locked up long term on a sweetheart deal with a +. We get older, gain cap, and get a shorter contract but bring in major puck moving ability and a winger to help our winger issues.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hextall is not trading Sam Morin. He is still a leading prospect for the Flyers future, that future is due to the drafting work that Ron Hextall has made during his time as the G.M.
I also doubt that Simmonds will be dealt, Hextall has faith that Wayne will be in fine form this up coming season. I sure hope so, he's one of my personal favourites!

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Hextall is not trading Sam Morin. He is still a leading prospect for the Flyers future, that future is due to the drafting work that Ron Hextall has made during his time as the G.M.
Leading? Hmmm.. kind of but expandable in a deal for someone like Karlsson.
I also doubt that Simmonds will be dealt, Hextall has faith that Wayne will be in fine form this up coming season. I sure hope so, he's one of my personal favourites!
It's not about fine season it's about possible contract demands.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I think those pieces would be exactly what the Habs could use. A shame the Habs and Bruins never deal.... though the Habs dealt with Toronto this past season.

They make good trade partners if you think about it. Both teams have needs from both teams. I’m excited to see how this thread unfolds

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Let's not be silly. I love Frost but we move him in a package for EK. There's not much i wouldn't move for him in honesty.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Simmonds would be so good in TB. I'd love Yzerman to take a swing at him as a rental for the season if they decide to drop out on EK.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad