News Article: [Silver Seven Sens] Ottawa Senators Best of the Decade: Memorable Regular Season Games

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Merry Christmas from the Silver Seven staff! With the turn of the decade approaching, it only feels appropriate to take a moment of reflection on the last ten years of Sens hockey. In this five-part series, the writers have gathered at the roundtable to share their most memorable moments, from individual moments to defining storylines.
The first question: In the past decade, what was your most memorable regular season game?

Ottawa Senators Best of the Decade: Memorable Regular Season Games

Senovision

May 23, 2011
The Hamburglar run 2015. That was an exciting finish to a season that was going nowhere. That run will probably never be duplicated. I was at the game when Lazar ate the hamburger off the ice. It was quite a run because The Sens had to keep on winning and I thought at some point they would blow it.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Hamburgler run for sure! For me the game against pitts where hoffman tied it with the goalie pulled. Or turris ot winners, that run was sooooooo fun...

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We should change it from ‘The Hamburglar Run’ to the “Erik Karlsson Defenceman of the Decade run”

The entire thing was amazing, but EK was an absolute beast every shift.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The domination of Montreal in the swries was awesome. Player 61 was a classic. Renaming the bridges. Singing Pageau Pageau Pageau on the shuttle bus

But the ECF was a round closer to the show to. I went to 4 playoff games that run. I was at the game where we got 4 on Fleury in the 1st, he got yanked and never got the net back. And beating Boston always has a nice smell to it

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Ottawa Senators at St. Louis Blues Box Score — February 4, 2014 | Hockey-Reference.com

Dont think I've ever seen referees at the NHL level try to impact a game like they did in this one. Blues were allowed to rough our guys up after every whistle , unless of course "GSN" was out there then they would simply skate back to their bench with their tails tucked between their legs. I remember Michalek giving a Blue a slight push back in a scrum and he was immediately given a penalty. Clarke McArthur got an Unsportsmanlike for calling the Refs out on their BS at the end of the 2nd. Then my favorite part of the game...Turris putting in the shoot out winner and Uncle Dennis going "Suck on that, St Louis!" :laugh: Wish I could find the highlights with the Canadian feed

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ottawa Senators at St. Louis Blues Box Score — February 4, 2014 | Hockey-Reference.com

Dont think I've ever seen referees at the NHL level try to impact a game like they did in this one. Blues were allowed to rough our guys up after every whistle , unless of course "GSN" was out there then they would simply skate back to their bench with their tails tucked between their legs. I remember Michalek giving a Blue a slight push back in a scrum and he was immediately given a penalty. Clarke McArthur got an Unsportsmanlike for calling the Refs out on their BS at the end of the 2nd. Then my favorite part of the game...Turris putting in the shoot out winner and Uncle Dennis going "Suck on that, St Louis!" :laugh: Wish I could find the highlights with the Canadian feed

Very rare SO win by the Lehner

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We should change it from ‘The Hamburglar Run’ to the “Erik Karlsson Defenceman of the Decade run”

The entire thing was amazing, but EK was an absolute beast every shift.

Karlsson had that span of games before the Cooke incident where he was producing incredible hockey.

I think the Carolina highlights package is the best reminder.

Reactions: guyzeur

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Karlsson had that span of games before the Cooke incident where he was producing incredible hockey.

I think the Carolina highlights package is the best reminder.

His game pre injury was electric every time he touched the puck. His will to win with that talent was the best hockey player I have ever seen besides Gretzky and Mario...(cue the draft lottery drum roll)

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
April 7, 2015 - huge comeback, Stone in overtime. I was there, and it was absolutely glorious, almost as much fun as the playoff win and line brawl with the Habs two years previous...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Auston Matthews debut game is memorable partly because of his impressive accomplishment of scoring 4 goals but also my single-minded determination to never forget how he helped cost them the game in overtime thanks to missed coverage on a Turris OT winner.

The Toronto Sports Network is always extremely disappointed about having to bring up the end result of the game.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The Auston Matthews debut game is memorable partly because of his impressive accomplishment of scoring 4 goals but also my single-minded determination to never forget how he helped cost them the game in overtime thanks to missed coverage on a Turris OT winner.

The Toronto Sports Network is always extremely disappointed about having to bring up the end result of the game.

You have no soul.

Reactions: NyQuil

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
everyone forgetting the 11-12 season in here. Sens were suppose to be last and took the first seed rangers to 7 games series in round 1. Erik Karlssons coming out party with his first Norris.

I also nominate this as the goal of the decade.

close 2nd
jason spezza goal vs winnipeg - YouTube

Also ill never forgive cooke for what he did to EK's career i only wish him the worst in life not afraid to say it, screw him.

Reactions: Variable26

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’ve specifically refrained from talking about the playoffs because that’s not what the thread is about.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
It's been a tumultuous decade to say the least. We entered the decade tearing down the last vestiges of the post-lockout Sens, and experienced the entirety of the Erik Karlsson era. I can hardly believe the Pesky Sens were nearly a decade ago. Remember when Pascal Leclaire was the solution to our goalie carousel?

A lot can happen in ten years. Here's hoping the Sens can replicate the success they had in my childhood in the 2020s. Would be nice to be the toast of the league again.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Sens comeback against the Penguins was like some Friday Night Lights stuff. You couldn't write that. Five stars. It is almost a shame that this wasn't the last game of the season. That's the only thing it was missing.

The Anderson shutout against Edmonton should be up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad