Silly Question, Coyotes Draft Party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
So the Roadrunners are hosting a draft party at Gentle Bens just outside the U of A main gate today, but as fate would have it I'll be in Phoenix to play in the Coyotes Classic beer league championship. Game isn't until 9:30pm at the Chandler Ice Den so I figured I'd go somewhere to watch the draft, surely the farm team aren't the only ones hosting one?
Roadrunners had a Stanley Cup viewing party a couple weeks ago and I won suite tickets to a Coyotes game of my choosing, they're doing a good job keeping their season ticket holders engaged in the off season.

Reactions: MIG

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So the Roadrunners are hosting a draft party at Gentle Bens just outside the U of A main gate today, but as fate would have it I'll be in Phoenix to play in the Coyotes Classic beer league championship. Game isn't until 9:30pm at the Chandler Ice Den so I figured I'd go somewhere to watch the draft, surely the farm team aren't the only ones hosting one?
Roadrunners had a Stanley Cup viewing party a couple weeks ago and I won suite tickets to a Coyotes game of my choosing, they're doing a good job keeping their season ticket holders engaged in the off season.
Coyotes are hosting an event in Peoria, there hasn't been a lot of promotion or discussion about it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Coyotes are hosting an event in Peoria, there hasn't been a lot of promotion or discussion about it.

I live in Peoria and follow all of the Coyotes' social media and this is the very first I've heard of this.

Seriously - one wonders what could have happened if the team had ever bothered to promote itself where it actually plays.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Add that to the list of things our new owner needs to address...better PR.
Now I can't find it....but certain I saw a notice on social media in the past 2 weeks.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think this is the event in question. Not an official event by the Coyotes, just a fan thing.

I don't think there is an official event from the team this year. Weren't there a lot of complaints that the draft party wasn't all too focused on the draft (i.e., turning off the feed after the Coyotes pick?) How was attendance?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I live in Peoria and follow all of the Coyotes' social media and this is the very first I've heard of this.

Seriously - one wonders what could have happened if the team had ever bothered to promote itself where it actually plays.
The truly ridiculous thing to me is this is the type of thing you could have an unpaid intern blast all over social media for the last month at a net cost of zero dollars.n

They seem very unaware of how to use any sort of media which is baffling. Billboards and TV ads are great, but they cost money and so are rare. Social media lets you bypass the costs and still generate a certain amount of buzz.

Fluff pieces on OEL are fine and all, but trying to hype actual community events seem like a missed opportunity.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

It's on NHL Network, right? They'll have it on in the bar and/or one of the screens at the entrance (sound volume is another matter). I'm actually on the other sheet at the same time (at least, I don't think they've cancelled our game scheduled for tonight at 9:30....*checks*....yup, one of the other games in our league is playing Saturday instead)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The truly ridiculous thing to me is this is the type of thing you could have an unpaid intern blast all over social media for the last month at a net cost of zero dollars.n

They seem very unaware of how to use any sort of media which is baffling. Billboards and TV ads are great, but they cost money and so are rare. Social media lets you bypass the costs and still generate a certain amount of buzz.

Fluff pieces on OEL are fine and all, but trying to hype actual community events seem like a missed opportunity.

Biznasty has 1.1 million Twitter followers. What would they need to pay him to add some official PR duties?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Biznasty has 1.1 million Twitter followers. What would they need to pay him to add some official PR duties?
A beer. He loves publicity.

For that matter rope in a player or two. "Kempe, Capobianco, and Paul Bissonette will be onhand chatting with fans and signing autographs"

Surely someone is in town with nothing better to do.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You could probably employ 3 or 4 popular ex-players as Ambassadors and not spent much more than half a million a year. Have them at events regularly and representing the team around the Valley. All of the bigger teams do this.

Reactions: MIG and _Del_

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
It's on NHL Network, right? They'll have it on in the bar and/or one of the screens at the entrance (sound volume is another matter). I'm actually on the other sheet at the same time (at least, I don't think they've cancelled our game scheduled for tonight at 9:30....*checks*....yup, one of the other games in our league is playing Saturday instead)
It's on NBCSN for the first round tonight, 5PM Arizona time. Second round + is on NHL Network tomorrow

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Another example of them shitting on the west side fans. It's really like they don't want them to show up to further their narrative. I hope the new owner actually pays attention enough to see and do something about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad