GDT: Silicon Valley @ Tinseltown 7:30

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
Yeah without a doubt, this team is (more) capable and deeper than I thought :naughty:

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Forgive me if this has been talked about, but does Kendall Coyne add anything of value to the broadcast. Seems like Randy and Bakes are really having to force her to talk at times.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
Forgive me if this has been talked about, but does Kendall Coyne add anything of value to the broadcast. Seems like Randy and Bakes are really having to force her to talk at times.
She has some pretty good insights, she’s just really shaky and comes off awkward at times.
If she can get over the nerves, I’d say she’s valuable to the broadcast.

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
WTF is Kane doing in your avatar? :laugh:
patrick-kane-hit-with-puck.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

1) She's new. She's going to have a hard time finding her groove and getting comfortable at the gig. Everyone always thinks it's a lot easier job than it actually is.

2) She suffers because it's a 3-person booth when historically most hockey broadcasts and a lot of sports ones in general are just two-person booths. It's hard to break that dynamic and find openings to actually add something, never mind the fact that being the 3rd person means that by the time it's your opportunity a lot of the most relevant stuff has been said already.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
She has some pretty good insights, she’s just really shaky and comes off awkward at times.
If she can get over the nerves, I’d say she’s valuable to the broadcast.

Yeah, I'd like to see her when she gets up to speed. Part of the issue is that she isn't keeping up when they're splitting up the stoppages in play between the two color commentators. I haven't observed her really filling out her analysis with those little semi-obvious "this is why this observation matters" kinda follow-up sentences either.

Reactions: Ronnie Residue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad