GDT: Silicon Valley @ Tinseltown 7:30

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Man I hate dustin brown. There's a sign up at one of the rinks in town here in ithaca that says "congrats to dustin brown, captain of the LA kings" and while I think it's awesome for hometown rinks to support NHL players and it's good for the local hockey programs, I still laugh every time.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
How in the **** does San Jose have league best PKing with that goaltending lmao.
The goaltending is a problem when they are giving up odd man rushes and not clearing the rebounds. On the PK there is less breakaways and they box out the middle and clear the rebounds... or actually play defense for a change.

Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What a terribly boring jersey that is.

Hold on a sec, let me run that through the Traditionalist Hockey Fan Translator:

What a fantastic and clean look that captures the understated timelessness of classic designs that makes them inherently superior to overdeveloped modern designs (ed: "modern" being defined as anything introduced after 1958)

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
What a terribly boring jersey that is.

Hold on a sec, let me run that through the Traditionalist Hockey Fan Translator:

What a fantastic and clean look that captures the understated timelessness of classic designs that makes them inherently superior to overdeveloped modern designs (ed: "modern" being defined as anything introduced after 1958)

IKEA has ruined everything.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
IKEA has ruined everything.

On the other hand, bland under-designed classic-inspired jerseys would probably entertain me more if they had ridiculous faux-Swedish names.

"And here's the Sharks skating out for tonight's game wearing their new Blaktörpp jerseys. Bakes, what do you think of them?"

Reactions: slocal

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
On the other hand, bland under-designed classic-inspired jerseys would probably entertain me more if they had ridiculous faux-Swedish names.

"And here's the Sharks skating out for tonight's game wearing their new Blaktörpp jerseys. Bakes, what do you think of them?"
I dunno, with all the Finnish and Swedish names the sport has, we are all unphased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad