• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
You said they will all “match/surpass”. That implies that they will all hit at least 86 points. If they don’t hit 86 points, they aren’t matching what he’s done. And Keller would definitely bump Caufield off the top line. Stop being such a homer.
You're being so ridiculous about point totals. Suzuki overall is a much better player than Keller, and they matched points this year. Caufield has been excellent even without his shot at 100% this year, and Slafkovsky is showing the kind of pedigree we haven't seen since Carey Price. Keller has had two above-average seasons and he's 25 to boot. If he was putting up 86 a year then you might have an argument. All the players we're talking about are excellent, and I don't think Keller would be thought of as the go to guy over the others if he was on the Habs.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You're being so ridiculous about point totals. Suzuki overall is a much better player than Keller, and they matched points this year. Caufield has been excellent even without his shot at 100% this year, and Slafkovsky is showing the kind of pedigree we haven't seen since Carey Price. Keller has had two above-average seasons and he's 25 to boot. If he was putting up 86 a year then you might have an argument. All the players we're talking about are excellent, and I don't think Keller would be thought of as the go to guy over the others if he was on the Habs.
I’m not being ridiculous at all. You used definitive language and you’re now having to walk it back. Words have an agreed upon meaning; you don’t get to just say whatever you want with impunity just for the sake of your argument.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I’m not being ridiculous at all. You used definitive language and you’re now having to walk it back. Words have an agreed upon meaning; you don’t get to just say whatever you want with impunity just for the sake of your argument.
you're being pedantic and putting words in my mouth. I bolded my point. Take or leave it

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
It would be kinda ironic if we ended up drafting Demidov with Reinbacher instead of Michkov with one of the best defenseman of this year's draft which is the deepest in potential stud d I have seen in my entire life watching hockey.

And I'm not even down on Reinbacher's upside.

Voted Lindstrom but I'm not counting on him being there at 5.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
It would be kinda ironic if we ended up drafting Demidov with Reinbacher instead of Michkov with one of the best defenseman of this year's draft which is the deepest in potential stud d I have seen in my entire life watching hockey.

only rhd that could be compared to reinbacher is levshunov and he'll probably be gone by 5.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

2003 was deeper, bigger (collectively), nastier w high level talent - min 3-HOF

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Until proven otherwise, Dach cannot play more than 40-50 games a season. We still have a question mark for a top 6 center. Newhook ainmt it. We have none in the pipeline and forget the UFA market.

Lindstrom gotta be the pick even if Demidov is there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Until proven otherwise, Dach cannot play more than 40-50 games a season. We still have a question mark for a top 6 center. Newhook ainmt it. We have none in the pipeline and forget the UFA market.

Lindstrom probably ends up on the wing, him playing center for 32 games in the WHL isn't enough of a reason for them to put him second on their board. He has to be unequivocally viewed better than Demidov for them to do that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lindstrom probably ends up on the wing, him playing center for 32 games in the WHL isn't enough of a reason for them to put him second on their board. He has to be unequivocally viewed better than Demidov for them to do that.

His game will translate nicely as a center in the Pro. Big, already dominant in faceoff, loves to carry the puck in transition, already good defensive instinct.

He has to be the pick to replace Dach, once he gets down again. Newhook ain’t a good secure wheel.

Demidov played in a inferior lesgue than the Q.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Dach is a question mark to stay healthy. But it's not a certainty he can't play more than 40 to 50 games. Both Guhle and Dach are tall but lanky. That body frame puts them at risk of injuries. But I'm not ready write off Dach or Guhle as future core pieces, still knowing that they will have to make adjustments, whether in training, gaining weight, or how they play, to stay in the lineup for more games.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Dach is a question mark to stay healthy. But it's not a certainty he can't play more than 40 to 50 games. Both Guhle and Dach are tall but lanky. That body frame puts them at risk of injuries. But I'm not ready write off Dach or Guhle as future core pieces, still knowing that they will have to make adjustments, whether in training, gaining weight, or how they play, to stay in the lineup for more games.
I’m not writing Dach off. But we need a good back up if/when he goes down again. Lindstrom is that. And if we don’t re-sign Dach, we have him.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m not writing Dach off. But we need a good back up if/when he goes down again. Lindstrom is that. And if we don’t re-sign Dach, we have him.

I agree about having a good backup. It's nice that Dach and Newhook have the flexibility to play center and wing. It will help with dealing with injuries and finding the best combinations.

HuGo will definitely have to assess how much Lindstrom himself is at risk of being an injury prone player like Dach, but due to his back. He may be more injury prone than Dach. Vilardi hasn't been able to stay healthy so far due to his back issues.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
How is Demidov undersized? Metrics please

I am not even concerned. He’s below the NHL average in height and weight but he’ll fill in and will be fine at the NHL level.

Besides…

Dach is 6’4, 200+
Slaf is 6’3, 200+

Guhle, Xehkaj, Mailloux, Reinbacher all over 6’2 and 200+

Tuch, Xehkaj 2.0 are big dudes possibly on the way for our bottom 6.

Anderson, Savard, Matheson all big guys.

We have several players and prospects around the NHL average.

Sure, Cole and Lane are smaller. Harris is smaller. Still, I’d draft Demidov no question if he somehow were there at #5.

Reactions: Rozz

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Do not panic with center depth. Everyone knows next summer is Crosby's last chance to fullfill his childhood dream. Canadiens will give him four year contract that pays 6-7 million per year. By then Draisaitl realizes that something massive is brewing in Habsland. So we'll give him the generational 7 x 14 million contract. Guy's a f***ing playoff warrior, so don't come at me. Stay hush and let me cook.

Do not get too attached to players like Newhook. We've done with the nice things era. Would love to have him in the third line but some salary has to be shed and we need to tie him and picks in trades to get rid of Gallagher and Josh "worth more than Nemec or Lafreniere" Anderson. Although, one of them can be bought out by then. Dvorak and Armia gone, Savard traded already on the deadline. If there's no room for Dach, trade him to Askarov. Draft Demitov and watch the most insane salary cap era offense from 2025 on.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His game will translate nicely as a center in the Pro. Big, already dominant in faceoff, loves to carry the puck in transition, already good defensive instinct.

He has to be the pick to replace Dach, once he gets down again. Newhook ain’t a good secure wheel.

Demidov played in a inferior lesgue than the Q.

And Lindstroms got only 30ish games there with an undeveloped playmaking game which is a pretty big part of being a center.

He also only has 30 games of play warranting his current draft position.

Theres questions on both, putting Lindstrom ahead because he's playing a little bit of center isn't the reason. Demidov just said he wants to learn to play center, not hard to get 30 games of experience there.

We should get one of the two and very doubtful we have a choice between both but 30 games of WHL center experience ain't the tie breaker.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Also why Catton should be a serious consideration at 5 if both Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board.

To me, he's in the top 3 of most offensively talented fowards in this draft after Celebrini and Demidov, even if he's a tier below.

Depending on how this draft shakes out before our pick, it's very intiguing to see which way Hughes goes. There's basically a solid argument for virtually anyone who could be reasonably selected there.

Such an interesting draft, especially early, I'd love two top 12 picks. Walking away with two of Catton/Iginla/Sennecke would be great.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am not even concerned. He’s below the NHL average in height and weight but he’ll fill in and will be fine at the NHL level.

Besides…

Dach is 6’4, 200+
Slaf is 6’3, 200+

Guhle, Xehkaj, Mailloux, Reinbacher all over 6’2 and 200+

Tuch, Xehkaj 2.0 are big dudes possibly on the way for our bottom 6.

Anderson, Savard, Matheson all big guys.

We have several players and prospects around the NHL average.

Sure, Cole and Lane are smaller. Harris is smaller. Still, I’d draft Demidov no question if he somehow were there at #5.
Pronman did a mock draft, he has Canadiens taking Demidov at 5. Pronman usually knows what he is doing. One of best in draft business. Him and McKenzie I ranked as best

Reactions: Rozz and Kaladin

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I just can't see the Hawks passing on Demidov.

For me it is impossible. Bedard is completely alone up front.

Even if they need a great d as well , they need to help Bedard asap

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
And Lindstroms got only 30ish games there with an undeveloped playmaking game which is a pretty big part of being a center.

He also only has 30 games of play warranting his current draft position.

Theres questions on both, putting Lindstrom ahead because he's playing a little bit of center isn't the reason. Demidov just said he wants to learn to play center, not hard to get 30 games of experience there.

We should get one of the two and very doubtful we have a choice between both but 30 games of WHL center experience ain't the tie breaker.

The only reason we have a chance at Lindstrom is because he only played 30 something game. If he played full season, he’s going before Demidov. Big goal scorer, physical centerman anyday of the week in front of Demidov. So yea, if both are there at 5, i choose Lindstrom.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The only reason we have a chance at Lindstrom is because he only played 30 something game. If he played full season, he’s going before Demidov. Big goal scorer, physical centerman anyday of the week in front of Demidov. So yea, if both are there at 5, i choose Lindstrom.

That's fine, what I was saying is that you have to like Lindstrom better than Demidov, not take Lindstrom because he's a center.

That can't be the reason because he's only played it a little. He may very well be a winger at the NHL level and if that's what he is, but you picked him because he played 30 games of center despite liking Demidov more, you've f***ed it.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
That's fine, what I was saying is that you have to like Lindstrom better than Demidov, not take Lindstrom because he's a center.

That can't be the reason because he's only played it a little. He may very well be a winger at the NHL level and if that's what he is, but you picked him because he played 30 games of center despite liking Demidov more, you've f***ed it.

I’m convinced he’s a center in pro, though. I stand by it. And as Pronman said, Center and Dman always value more.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I just can't see the Hawks passing on Demidov.

For me it is impossible. Bedard is completely alone up front.

Even if they need a great d as well , they need to help Bedard asap
I think this is between Demidov and Silayev. They also don’t have their Futur first pairing LD. seth Jones is RD and Korchinski like Vlasic are probably more 2nd or 3rd dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad