• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
If Habs can manage to get Demigod at 5OA and move up using Jets pick + assets to grab Eiserman if he falls to teens… team is set at F for next decade

Eiserman will be the value steal of the 1st round & potentially draft cuvée IMO
Eiserman won’t make it past Philly at 12. I can even see NJ taking him at 10.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Habs can manage to get Demigod at 5OA and move up using Jets pick + assets to grab Eiserman if he falls to teens… team is set at F for next decade

Eiserman will be the value steal of the 1st round & potentially draft cuvée IMO

I think management values those "hard to play against" "playoff players." Look at what Marner and Ehlers have done in the playoffs. I'm not saying Eiserman or Demidov won't be good in the playoffs. I'm just saying it's a factor.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think management values those "hard to play against" "playoff players." Look at what Marner and Ehlers have done in the playoffs. I'm not saying Eiserman or Demidov won't be good in the playoffs. I'm just saying it's a factor.
The head of “management” jumped in to sign Panarin who isn’t the protptypical definition of “hard to play against playoff player”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The head of “management” jumped in to sign Panarin who isn’t the protptypical definition of “hard to play against playoff player”

Yes, Panarin is very valuable in th playoffs. But Panarin is Panarin. He's elite, an MVP candidate.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Too small, amd i love ELC to reinbacher
Who else on Arizona interests you?

Cap space does not score goals.

Keller had success at the WJC and in the only post-season he played in in the NHL. He is signed until age 29, a 7th OA pick, who is probably 5th or 6th in a re-draft of his year.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Demidov and Luckanko are my hopes for day 1.

I like Luckanko with the Jets pick as well.
* Young like Iggy
* Has an international resume (U17's and U18's)
* Solid weight at a young age like Iggy.

I'm hoping for one of Demidov or Iggy with the 5th. I'm sure one of them will be on the board when we pick. I think there is a very good chance a D goes 2, 3, 4.

Reactions: montreal

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I like Luckanko with the Jets pick as well.
* Young like Iggy
* Has an international resume (U17's and U18's)
* Solid weight at a young age like Iggy.

I'm hoping for one of Demidov or Iggy with the 5th. I'm sure one of them will be on the board when we pick. I think there is a very good chance a D goes 2, 3, 4.
Weren't you against drafting smallish russian forward?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Eiserman will be a crapshoot, but if a team with legit stars get him, he'll be a PP monster at the very least.
I'd love to see him with Dach. But there are probably better options at 5th overall.

The hockey writers just did a mock draft and Eiserman was our pick at 5th overall. Strange.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
I wouldn’t either. A potential top pairing, large Right D for a talented but small wing, who’s also 6 years older.
Reinbacher is a long way away from top pairing right D right now. Keller is a confirmed PPG player, around the same age as our current best player in Nick Suzuki so fits in well with our core as they grow older.

This allows us to actually draft another D as well this year that could be better than Reinbacher. Win win.

Again it's all academic. Arizona would never do it. I don't know when this forum got infested with MOAR Size guys. Thought we were past that when Bergevin left. Size is important as part of the mix but it isn't a disqualifying metric when you're as skilled as Keller is.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Reinbacher is a long way away from top pairing right D right now. Keller is a confirmed PPG player, around the same age as our current best player in Nick Suzuki so fits in well with our core as they grow older.

This allows us to actually draft another D as well this year that could be better than Reinbacher. Win win.

Again it's all academic. Arizona would never do it. I don't know when this forum got infested with MOAR Size guys. Thought we were past that when Bergevin left. Size is important as part of the mix but it isn't a disqualifying metric when you're as skilled as Keller is.
Fantastic. Still no.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weren't you against drafting smallish russian forward?

Not against it one bit. Just wondering how much better he is vs some of the other forwards.

Also, I originally thought he was 168 lbs (that's what Elite Prospects shows), but I've seen other websites/videos mentioned him at 181 lbs. If true, that is much better and has higher probability to hit that 190-200 lbs range once he hit his prime.

I've been playing the pros/cons with several of the forwards. Spent a lot of time on Iggy and I can't find any flaws. I looked very hard too. Lately, I've been doing the same with Demidov but need to dig a bit more.

Keep going back and forth between Demidov and Iggy. Those are my two targets. No offense to Catton, Sennecke, Lindstrom, Eiserman.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Imagine rejecting a Keller for Reinbacher trade lol. I'd do that easily but sadly Arizona and I guess Hins77 wouldn't.
I consider Reinbacher as a legit top 2 dman. In the range of Seider. I pick Seider in front of Keller. Even if Keller would be our 3/4th best forward. Keller is also 6 years older than Reinbacher. When Reinbacher will be on his prime at 25 years old, Keller will be at 31….

Last edited:

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I'd love to see him with Dach. But there are probably better options at 5th overall.

The hockey writers just did a mock draft. Strange.
It was brutal. One guy named a Russian as our second best D prospect, and then the guy in the middle who looks like a strung out heroin addict had us drafting Eiserman at 5 (on the plausible premise that Demidov and Lindstrom were picked by then - I think we'll draft Iginla if those two are gone).

Reactions: 26Mats

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
i'm not sure I trust the team's ability to draft after last year's first round. They nailed the year before, but that was not the BPA , so I have PTSD
Watch them take Catton over Iggy or Lindstrom
I'll go full nuclear

Nuclear aside, to be honest., I'm still not sure Catton isn't the right pick if Demidov and Lindstrom are off the boards.

The kid oozes talent. Iginla just feels safer.

Reactions: Rozz and crosbyshow

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
He does. But they'll pick Iginla . . . and hope that Dach can stay healthy the next 8 years.

Iginla feels like he has a safer floor, and is a good fit, so I can see the reasoning, I just feel Catton has the higher upside. I love Dach, but his health issues are a bit concerning, and having another C in the pipeline could be advantageous.

These are just thoughts that management has to gauge.

I'm not saying Iginla doesn't have his own upside, just that Catton's is probably higher. I personally would have no issue with either choice, as long as they get it right. ;)

Both are great prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz and crosbyshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad