• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Probably already posted, but Beaudoin from BPM sports says Habs won't take Catton because of his size, but would take Demidov talent level at that size.

I don't trust psychics.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lindstrom would be such a Habs pick. Ignoring multiple red flags just to get a big guy.
Which red flags besides his injuries?

Which Red flags did the following players have that the current regime used good picks on:

2022: Salf, Dach, Hutson, Engstrom, Beck, Mesar

2023: Reinbacher, Newhook, Fowler, Bodgan

??

Pretty impressive list so far actually.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Iginla if we stay at 5 ..... Its a can't miss... in a couple of ways .....from 17 today , he will look even better at 20 yrs old .
He got what Montreal managment likes ....

The words out there saying Habs have apparently already met with him 4 or 5 times already..what does that say...

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Lindstrom would be such a Habs pick. Ignoring multiple red flags just to get a big guy.
I've heard that among the top prospects, Lindstrom hockey IQ is relatively average (still pretty good if compared with all Jr players). And stick-handling and skating are decent, so they aren't great.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Not great hockey sense , low IQ, a product of mckenna.
hmm, haven't heard these. They also said Caufield was a product of Hughes. But the irony here is your username and the many scouts who had doubts about Dach translating from the W to the NHL. You can't punish kids for playing with good players, they sometimes make people around them better.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Iginla if we stay at 5 ..... Its a can't miss... in a couple of ways .....from 17 today , he will look even better at 20 yrs old .
He got what Montreal managment likes ....

The words out there saying Habs have apparently already met with him 4 or 5 times already..what does that say...

Jarome Iginla lived in Boston after he retired. I would think Hughes knows Tij well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not great hockey sense , low IQ, a product of mckenna.

That's the red flags I see as well. Big guys who dominate CHL has to be taken with a grain of salt. Former 3rd rounder in the WHL draft who matured and was able to out muscle most guys he plays against in the CHL. In the pro game, there are also many other big men and the time/space is just not the same. He could be one of those types that gets smothered and it takes him years to develop into something.

Wish we got to see him in the U18's. Would be a better indicator on his skill/skating against others who are also big and among the best in the world.

I hope Lindstrom proves me wrong because I hate being a downer on him but I see risks and the pedigree is too low for me. Not in the U18's, injury issues, and was not even a 1st rounder in the WHL Draft.

Anybody got a list of stars or top end talent who were drafted 2nd or 3rd round in the CHL drafts but ended up top 10 NHL picks and lived up to the top 10 standards? I'd be very curious to see this list and it needs to be more than just 3 guys listed over 10-20 years.

Reactions: NORiculous

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Is he that much better that you pick the W instead of the C?
If we take him my assumption is that Lindstrom probably ends up on the wing anyways since Suzuki and Dach will have probably locked down the center spots.

If we do draft Lindstrom will he make jump to NHL next season?
Given he missed a lot of games by assumption is no, but he probably gets the normal 9 games trial. In the end though it's up to him, if he comes to camp and plays like he belongs and then does well in that 9 game trial then it could happen. But I don't think we'll see a Slaf like situation where they keep him just to work with him.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad