Confirmed with Link: Signing: Stephen Harper; Danny Federico

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
I can imagine what the next meeting would look like in camp regarding Harper if he doesn't make it:

Scouts "Next up, Stephen Harper. What qualifications does he have? He wants to send winter jackets to San Jose? Like that's going to make them play well. Imagine if we put him in charge of making plays for our top players"

Harper: "And the goals will score themselves"

Scouts: "The goals will score themselves? Yeah, that's what the Edmonton Oilers thought, and look at how that turned out. That's his inexperience showing. After all, playing for the San Jose Sharks is not an entry level job. We're not saying no forever, but not now. Stephen Harper... he's just not ready"

Now, let's see who actually gets the reference :P

noooooooooooooooooooooo ... you made me think aboot that annoying commercial that makes 0 sense!

Jul 10, 2010
I can imagine what the next meeting would look like in camp regarding Harper if he doesn't make it:

Scouts "Next up, Stephen Harper. What qualifications does he have? He wants to send winter jackets to San Jose? Like that's going to make them play well. Imagine if we put him in charge of making plays for our top players"

Harper: "And the goals will score themselves"

Scouts: "The goals will score themselves? Yeah, that's what the Edmonton Oilers thought, and look at how that turned out. That's his inexperience showing. After all, playing for the San Jose Sharks is not an entry level job. We're not saying no forever, but not now. Stephen Harper... he's just not ready"

Now, let's see who actually gets the reference :P

But he does have great hair

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
I'm realizing now the Sharks have a surprsingly large number of Canadian fans, at least on HFboards. I assume you guys are making a bunch of politics jokes, right?

(At least Harper I've heard of, that's good for an American!)

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Just realized that the Sharks have actually signed TWO Canadian Prime Ministers now...forgot about Paul Martin!

I'm realizing now the Sharks have a surprsingly large number of Canadian fans, at least on HFboards. I assume you guys are making a bunch of politics jokes, right?

(At least Harper I've heard of, that's good for an American!)

What's not to love about the Sharks?

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Jokes aside, I wonder why Harper never got drafted. He has a good draft pedigree (12 OV in the OHL Bantam draft), solid numbers, size and pretty unique versatility being able to play D C and LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad