Signed Red Wings Hat

Johnny Cip

Mar 16, 2019
Hey all-I apologize if this post is in the wrong spot but I’m new here. I’m cleaning out my basement and stumbled upon a Stüssy hat (sadly, the only thing I had with me) from 1995 that is signed by Federov, Konstantinov, Larionov, Primeau, Lidstrom, and Tim Taylor. They all happened to be at the movie theater that had recently opened in Greenwood Village, CO, during the playoffs the first year the Avalanche had come to Colorado. Is this something that has some value or is a random piece of clothing with signatures not exactly collector’s material? I figured the hockey buffs would be the place to go to ask about it. Thanks very much!

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
The fact that Konstantinov is on there makes it more valuable than otherwise. I can't really value it though. A buyer will have to authenticate it somehow, not the least to keep more of its value for himself, which would pay for itself becouse the value increases. The seller could also do it proactively. I would guess Beckett does it.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I’m cleaning out my basement and stumbled upon a Stüssy hat (sadly, the only thing I had with me) from 1995 that is signed by Federov, Konstantinov, Larionov, Primeau, Lidstrom, and Tim Taylor.

Did he actually sign it 'Federov'? That raises the value, in my opinion. He must have known intuitionally beforehand that internet culture were about to partly confiscate his identity.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
That said, much depends on how the item looks. If the autos is well spread out and what pen was used, if they look crisp.
It is certainly a time capsule item, even though Primeau clouds that a bit and Yzerman is missing.

I have just one signed cap which i regret i did not let Lemieux sign, when i had Mike Lange do it. The latter just loved coming up with great analogies about the formers antics. He did sign with one of those phrases on there though.
But i can't really complain, i managed to run with a full backpack on through half of central Stockholm becouse i had got the info that Le Magnifique was coming out of his hotel. Not a great amount of rain, but still made the jogg more pronounced. Being just 25 years old was what saved the day.

Last edited:

Johnny Cip

Mar 16, 2019
Thanks so much for all the replies everyone. Federov did sign “S. Federov 91”. They all signed in ball point pen on the underside of the bill of a green hat, so the contrast is less than ideal and they are packed tightly. And Konstantinov signed upside down relative to the rest. Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Hey all-I apologize if this post is in the wrong spot but I’m new here. I’m cleaning out my basement and stumbled upon a Stüssy hat (sadly, the only thing I had with me) from 1995 that is signed by Federov, Konstantinov, Larionov, Primeau, Lidstrom, and Tim Taylor. They all happened to be at the movie theater that had recently opened in Greenwood Village, CO, during the playoffs the first year the Avalanche had come to Colorado. Is this something that has some value or is a random piece of clothing with signatures not exactly collector’s material? I figured the hockey buffs would be the place to go to ask about it. Thanks very much!

Without seeing pictures, the worth is that of a badly ruined second hand cap. Even if the cap was in perfect condition and the signatures were authentic, it's not a gold mine. Ebay is a better place for these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad