SIGNED: Patrick McNeill

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's funny that we talk about how 'awesome' the blueline is for the Yotes, but there is absolutely nothing in the pipeline...thank goodness they got Mayo.

On the backend only Hache and Mayo stand out as possibilities. Melindy doesn't look good, and we've got no heavies, which is probably why they selected the over-age big Swede.

I'm glad they decided to retool the backend in Portland.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anything that can give us affordable spare D at the NHL level. Schlemko at 1.275 mil is simply too expensive for that role.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Chris,

That would be 5 non-development players for Portland if I've got my count right. How many vets does Edwards plan on having on board?

6 can play in any particular game but will they perhaps have an extra vet around for when the injury bug hits or simply deal with injury issues when they arise?

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Chris,

That would be 5 non-development players for Portland if I've got my count right. How many vets does Edwards plan on having on board?

6 can play in any particular game but will they perhaps have an extra vet around for when the injury bug hits or simply deal with injury issues when they arise?
I suspect Edwards will sign at least two more players who classify as veterans, but so far it been promising to see Portland add some leadership and skill. He still has plenty to do, but this is a nice start.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's funny that we talk about how 'awesome' the blueline is for the Yotes, but there is absolutely nothing in the pipeline...thank goodness they got Mayo.

On the backend only Hache and Mayo stand out as possibilities. Melindy doesn't look good, and we've got no heavies, which is probably why they selected the over-age big Swede.

Rhett Holland is a heavy D prospect.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I know...I just don't think the kid can skate well enough to ever approach the NHL. I'm even doubtful that he gets a contract after the season, therefore becoming a free agent.

In his 2nd yr with Michigan State, he played 31 games had 0 goals and 4 assists and was a -9.

I've watched him in the camps he's been too and there is nothing there to suggest he's going to be good enough to make it.

That is why I said our only 2 D prospects right now that have a chance to make a difference in the Coyotes organization is Hache and Mayo.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Right now, I'm hoping next season we can pick up a couple players that help push us forward.

Walteri Ruuskanen 6'3'', Jacob Larsson 6'2'', Nick Boka 6'1'', Tom Schemitsch 6'3''

Some guys I like that performed well in the U17's...I'd love to get a Trouba type, but those guys go in the 1st round and unless we pick up an extra draft pick, our 1st selection next season should be our #1 center.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think that Mayo is the perfect replacement for Z, RH who can hit...in the pros, he won't be an offensive force, so he can work on replacing Z within 3yrs.

But we still more guys in the pipeline so that GMDM has assets for trades. Right now, no one would trade for our non roster prospects on the D side.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

Everyone just graduated ..that's all..and the club has been busy stocking the front end which was pretty bare for a little while. I think they will focus on some D a in the near future and maybe sign some players that were good but did not get drafted..Like they did with Miele but hopefully have a better chance at making the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad