Prospect Info: Signed - D Jon McDonald (Umass Lowell) Edit : ECHL contract

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Another smallish defender that shoots left, doesn't have that many pts, or PIMs which indicates he likely isn't that tough a player. 25 in June. Seems like a meh signing.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Another smallish defender that shoots left, doesn't have that many pts, or PIMs which indicates he likely isn't that tough a player. 25 in June. Seems like a meh signing.

It is a meh signing, but you also don't get exciting signings when you are talking about an undrafted college senior

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006

I thought nowadays only Bobby Clarke and Paul Holmgren think that many PIMs is a good thing for a defenseman.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I thought nowadays only Bobby Clarke and Paul Holmgren think that many PIMs is a good thing for a defenseman.

I don't generally, but low PIMs means he likely isn't tough. Seider pulls it off, but that is because he is smart and doesn't take dumb penalties, but most tough players will take their fair share of penalties if they play physically. Seems like we have enough low event defenders as is, and this guy doesn't have the offence, so unless he is stellar in his own end, not seeing much reason to be excited about him,

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I don't generally, but low PIMs means he likely isn't tough. Seider pulls it off, but that is because he is smart and doesn't take dumb penalties, but most tough players will take their fair share of penalties if they play physically. Seems like we have enough low event defenders as is, and this guy doesn't have the offence, so unless he is stellar in his own end, not seeing much reason to be excited about him,
He is an undrafted college free agent bound for the AHL. What exactly were you expecting? We literally make these signings every f***ing year. No one asked you to get excited about.

Reactions: acetehubernoob

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Too many injured players in both GR And Red Wings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad