OT: Signature Images/Gifs

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
One thing new to the new site is anyone can have a signature now. Signatures can be words, images, or even gifs. And seeing as how all the playoff avatars I've worked on have died with the upgrade, I'm trying to see if posters here would be interested in making a group themed gif/image for the signature space (kinda like the playoff avatars, but bigger and located under a poster's comments).

Don't have any ideas at the moment, but am interested in hearing ideas from others. A "Top 100" thing feels like old hat at this point, so let's aim for something new.

Reactions: Rooh

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Something about how we suck and can't make the playoffs. Maybe something making fun of our young guys like Schmaltz, Murphy, Saad, etc.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_ox0prmuiye1w8vvh3o1_400.gif

Just something I quickly made... Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Okay, for now I'm just running with the 'Hawkey is Back' idea. Doesn't have to be what we eventually choose, but I'm bored and just testing things out.

tumblr_ox0pvvrTL21w8vvh3o1_400.gif

If you do want one of these, copy the image URL, hit your account name up in the right hand corner, go to signature, hit that little image box, and paste the URL. Now your livin fancy!

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not going to protest anybody making them or using them, but given how often I'm simply browsing the site on my ipad or phone and the lack of a 'mobile' mode (from what I can see at least), the idea of scrolling through a wall of gifs is less than ideal. At least too me.

But if you guys wanna do it, have at it. :)

Reactions: sharkhawk

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm not going to protest anybody making them or using them, but given how often I'm simply browsing the site on my ipad or phone and the lack of a 'mobile' mode (from what I can see at least), the idea of scrolling through a wall of gifs is less than ideal. At least too me.

But if you guys wanna do it, have at it. :)

I'm using firefox on iPhone and the signatures don't show up there. I think you need to be on desktop to see them. Also not showing up on Safari or Chrome's mobile counterparts.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nope I'm using chrome on iPad and I see them.

Really? You currently see that Saad gif right below my post about it not showing up on Firefox, chrome, or safari? Maybe the site does things differently for tablets.

Trying to change mine to a fraction of the size because I made it a bit too big (that's what happens when I test new features out), but HF has locked the settings for it ATM. Hopefully they'll allow me to alter mine shortly...

Reactions: Rooh and sharkhawk

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Really? You currently see that Saad gif right below my post about it not showing up on Firefox, chrome, or safari? Maybe the site does things differently for tablets.

Trying to change mine to a fraction of the size because I made it a bit too big (that's what happens when I test new features out), but HF has locked the settings for it ATM. Hopefully they'll allow me to alter mine shortly...

Yeah, I can see it. No bi deal to me but it's definitely there

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, I can see it. No bi deal to me but it's definitely there
Good to know. Like I said, I'm trying to lower mine to about a quarter of what it was but HF has shutdown that setting for the time being. Had a guy tell me it was way too big earlier in the political section and I've been trying to decrease the size ever since. Once I get the size thing right though, I think it would be a fun replacement for animated avatars.

Will probably inquire using the contact us section if I can't change it tomorrow.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I need a new avatar with hammer moving on. Been thinking hard about it, but haven't found anything yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad