Proposal: Sign Tim Thomas

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So what's it gonna take to have him backing up CC? No one biting yet doesn't make me think he's seeing big money.

It's obviously a gamble, but it could be finding gold cheap if he returns to any type of form.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
If he knows he's not getting a starting job anywhere but actually wants to come back, he might as well take a backup job with a contender. Why wouldn't you if your him? He knows he has to prove something if he wants a bigger deal in 13-14, so you might as well do it behind a great defense.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
If he knows he's not getting a starting job anywhere but actually wants to come back, he might as well take a backup job with a contender. Why wouldn't you if your him? He knows he has to prove something if he wants a bigger deal in 13-14, so you might as well do it behind a great defense.

I think you mean 2014-15.

:)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My bad.

ZAboR.gif

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
No thanks. A full year away away from the game at his age is the nail in the coffin, IMO. Plus, he's a huge ******.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'd be willing to do a very low-risk, high-reward signing.

Yeah, something 1M or less for 1 year. Who knows, maybe he plays well for 15 our so starts and you get something for him when someone else's goes down and then bring up Raanta, who'd I'd much rather have start off in Rockford playing. At the very least, you should have a solid vet backup who could take over for Crawford if he goes down and you end up giving Raanta the full year in Rockford.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I'd be fine giving him like 1.25 for 1 year to see if he can return us something at the trade deadline if he performs, or keep him if he's playing extremely well to back up Crawford if he goes down in the playoffs. Not a fan of anything more than that though.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
he has to pay us if he wants to play here. don't need that distraction

wsoxfan1214

May 1, 2011
1) Only if Obama drops the puck and is on the ice with Jim C for every anthem.

2) kidding. No. He's an *******.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Emery was an awesome back up and the Calgary game was legendary. He never was a distraction but he also was never a superstar. Thomas still kinda is a star but would be ideal if he can stay in check.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
That would be my worry, otherwise fine. That said, I remember the same concern from a few here about Emery when he came here, so who knows.

The difference is that Emery was an immature kid who needed to grow up and Thomas is a grown man who should already know better.

xalcyx

#murderskate
Mar 8, 2006
Florida
What about Jose Theodore as a backup? Could be the perfect vet to step in and relieve Crow when needed but at this point in his career probably would accept a backup role on a good team and not be a distraction. I've always been a big fan of his game and I think behind Chicago's D he could so a similar job to Ray.

Just a thought....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad