Confirmed with Link: Siemens signs QO [1yr, 2-way $874k]

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That should be just his qo. It was the deadline so it makes sense to happen today.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I still don't think he has much of a future with the Avs but hopefully he'll get an opportunity somewhere. Maybe we'll see a swap of failed prospects.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Big defenseman who is 22 years old and already washed up so I'm sure they will trade him now. Probably a year to late, but giving up on a Dman at only 21 seems a bit premature.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Hope he has a great year and someone gives him a shot next year in camp.

Think there will be a mutual parting of ways next summer.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
There's better defenseman still unsigned. I can't see anyone claiming him if he hits waivers.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I wouldn't be surprised to see him waived or traded during camp.

There is a decent chance he is already passed by Anton Lindholm in the depth charts.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think he'll get claimed on waivers and hopefully he'll get a chance to at least get a cup of tea in the NHL this year.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Kinda surprised, for as many people who have griped over the years about how the Avs gave up too soon on Boychuk, people sure are eager to trade or just write off Siemens

Maybe we'll get our next Matt Hendricks though, which we could use once Mitchell is gone.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Kinda surprised, for as many people who have griped over the years about how the Avs gave up too soon on Boychuk, people sure are eager to trade or just write off Siemens

Maybe we'll get our next Matt Hendricks though, which we could use once Mitchell is gone.
Boychuk at least showed offense in the AHL. Siemens has no puck skills at all. That's what will hold him back forever.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

I'm expecting the exact same scenario for Siemens as Boychuck. He'll sign somewhere else, get some good development from a staff and we'll be complaining again.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm expecting the exact same scenario for Siemens as Boychuck. He'll sign somewhere else, get some good development from a staff and we'll be complaining again.

All due respect to Duncan, but he's not capable of playing like Boychuk. He doesn't have the same tools in his toolbox. If he turns into anything at the NHL level it will be like Barrett Jackman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad