Sidney Crosby vs Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Mat said:
how about when Crosby started smashing his stick to the ice and kicking the air when London was dominating him in the Mem Cup?
to me, he looks like a suck
to me, nash at least shows he gets into the game

london (junior players) were able to shut down crosby
no team in the world was able to shut down nash at hte world champs

cough*Czech Republic*cough*

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Mat said:
how about when Crosby started smashing his stick to the ice and kicking the air when London was dominating him in the Mem Cup?
to me, he looks like a suck
to me, nash at least shows he gets into the game

london (junior players) were able to shut down crosby
no team in the world was able to shut down nash at hte world champs

Crosby did have two points in the first game the teams played. Not scoring in the second game is certainly not meaningless, particularly because it was the final, but I mean, one game is one game. It can only be used to discredit so much.

There isn't a single player in the world who doesn't get frustrated. The kid slams his stick a few tims and he's a headcase...he has a bad game and shows no emotion he has no passing, what the hell will satisfy you?

The fact of the matter is the kid, and he is just a kid, has been under a brutal microscope for two years, and was dealing with the media before that even, and has handled himself remarkably well for a 17 year old kid. He's faced more scrunity in two years than most NHL players ever experience and he's dealt with everything very well. Attack what you want about his hype and all that, but I really fail to see how you can legitimately question his character.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Mat, when did gretzky ever assault a referee in his career like nash? Gretzky played the game with class. You shouldnt insult him by comparing his character to Nash's attack on a ref. Nash is not a bad guy, but gretxky won the lady byng like 4 times! Ill be interested to see if Nash ever wins the lb. I could see crosby winning it however, just my take on character.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
It IS an easy answer for me.

If I needed a player to help me win a game tomorrow or to help my team over the next season or (maybe) two- I'd take Nash.

If I was building my franchise and trying to spread my rewards 5-10-15 years into the future- I'd go with Crosby.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
hockeyman28 said:
Nash is not a bad guy, but gretxky won the lady byng like 4 times! Ill be interested to see if Nash ever wins the lb. I could see crosby winning it however, just my take on character.

Doug MacLean would probably rather shoot himself than see Rick Nash win the housewife award.

It's really not something Rick nash is (or should be) striving for.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Vlad The Impaler said:
Doug MacLean would probably rather shoot himself than see Rick Nash win the housewife award.

It's really not something Rick nash is (or should be) striving for.

Yea i know, im just using it as an example that you cannot compare the characters of Gretzky and Nash because they are completely different. Gretxky never acted the way Nash has. Gretzky won the award because of his character. Sure alot of tough guys are great guys who dont cheapshot, but Nash is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad