Sidney Crosby - Quick Release

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
xXLaflammeXx is the GOAT. His line of Crosby videos are absolutely excellent and show such a great level of attention to detail and displays all of the little things that make Crosby what he is.

I'd love to see him branch out to other players at some point, I feel as though he's probably a Penguins fan, so he probably collects his clips while watching games. With finding clips, compiling, editing, and all that good stuff I can't imagine he has a whole lot of time to put into finding material on other players in addition to Crosby.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I hope he comes flying out the gate with points. It has been awhile since he started the year on a tear.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Hey he actually had a decent rest for a change in the past few years should help him. And by help him i mean looking at the players standings in hopeless despair as hes passed by 2 or 3 other players and he laments why he will never be as good as Mcdavid anymore.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
He's amazing at that, one of the all-time greats when you consider he's not just a shooter and the other team has to be prepared for equally quick passing.

It amazes me how more players don't learn from him. Crosby feels the need to release the puck quickly because goalies are hard to beat when they are set, yet you have random 3rd liner that spent half his career in the AHL holding the puck for 2 seconds thinking he can beat NHL starters with his weak shot to the crest. This video focused on his beauties but he also scores in the middle of the net sometimes because he knows the importance of catching goalies out of position even if you have to sacrifice the quality of the shot.

My only critique is how do you not end this video with the Golden Goal, the quick release was the only reason that terrible angle shot went in.

Reactions: Human and Cellee

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Crosby is the greatest of all time in his approach to the game. He hones every skill specifically to dominate certain aspects of the game. It's great to here him talk about it a bit in this video- rather than focusing on getting a harder or more accurate shot, which seem to be pretty obvious ways to score goals, he did take it a step further and worked specifically on making his release deceptive and fast, so that the skill of the goaltender actually mattered a lot less. Details!

Reactions: Tweed

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
xXLaflammeXx is the GOAT. His line of Crosby videos are absolutely excellent and show such a great level of attention to detail and displays all of the little things that make Crosby what he is.

I'd love to see him branch out to other players at some point, I feel as though he's probably a Penguins fan, so he probably collects his clips while watching games. With finding clips, compiling, editing, and all that good stuff I can't imagine he has a whole lot of time to put into finding material on other players in addition to Crosby.
He's not the goat until he expands into other players. Just doing Crosby videos is cool and all, but not tapping into his potential. Of course I always still watch his excellent vids anyway, but it would be nice to see some variety in there.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
These are always amazing to watch.

I'd echo what people are saying - it'd be neat to see these types of videos for other players as well, but at the same time, I don't think there's anyone in the league as versatile, well-rounded, and dedicated to their craft as Sid. The combination of raw skill and learned technique are unparalleled in my view. These videos attest to that as much as anything.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad