Post-Game Talk: Sidney Crosby is the worst human on earth. Pens-4, Blackhawks-1

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Penguins scored 4 goals, all of them at ES.

Only two players were a minus today:

Craig Adams and Tanner Glass

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
TOI Breakdown for the DMen:

Niskanen - 21:59
Maatta - 20:47
Scuderi - 19:47
Engelland - 19:47

Orpik - 18:03
Bortuzzo - 17:41

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'll say one thing, while they were caught running around in that third period, Bylsma turning tomato faced during the TV timeout did something, because it was pretty even after that.

As for Adams and Glass, I'm close to typing something that will get me banned forever, but I won't.

Sjb141

Dec 11, 2008
Some shaky points in the 3rd but overall thought we played really well. Appropriately physical - not running around chasing hits and o-zone penalties but strong in our end. Really like stemps and Bennett being back is huge.

Posted this in the game thread but I'm curious...

I'm curious - for those of you who don't immediately mute Milbury/Jones/Roenick etc - what does he say about guys like Kronwall, Rinaldo, Chris Neil, or especially Marchand? Is he at least consistent (I mean I doubt it but I'm curious)?

If toews braces for the hit and has his head up, it's not anything out of the ordinary. No idea what he was doing there, looks like he completely fell asleep. And I tend to err much more on the 'protect/respect the players and don't launch in' side.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I thought the Blackhawks responded perfectly... they DOMINATED the game from the moment Orpik hit Toews right until Crosby scored. It was a good 20 minutes (game time) of Fleury absorbing shot after shot after shot.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Amazing what having Bennett back has done for the look of the team. He just makes any line he's on instantly better. He'd probably be able to make Gladams look halfway respectable.

Okay maybe he's not that good but he's great no matter who he plays with, and I think his battle level is infectious. That kid is balls to the wall and great with hits and takeaways.

On another note, Pyatt is playing some great hockey. Hope he can keep it up for the playoffs, we could use a big body playing like he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad