Sid Up For The Hart

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
McDavid being in there is a joke, they are just trying to inflate his place. Just like we saw the opposite with the league giving secondary players awards over Sid to bring him back to the pack. It's goofy. It's like, when Sid was the man, they tried to advertise the league as being loaded with dozens of equal superstars. Now, they want to act like nobody can touch McDavid.

I mean, I get it, I get it. Without him, Edmonton would be a bottom 5 team. And with him they are a bottom 7 team. Most Valuable Player y'all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BladeRunner66

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I wont understand how someone can get a top 3 when he did not lead his team to the playoffs.
Yea it makes no sense. What does it matter if you’re the best player on a shit team that doesn’t make the playoffs. Oh and his line-mate is a stud in his own right who scored 100. It’s a popularity contest based on points scored.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Yea it makes no sense. What does it matter if you’re the best player on a **** team that doesn’t make the playoffs. Oh and his line-mate is a stud in his own right who scored 100. It’s a popularity contest based on points scored.
Agreed. Points = Likes

NHL MineCrafting their new SuperStar.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
McDavid being in there is a joke, they are just trying to inflate his place. Just like we saw the opposite with the league giving secondary players awards over Sid to bring him back to the pack. It's goofy. It's like, when Sid was the man, they tried to advertise the league as being loaded with dozens of equal superstars. Now, they want to act like nobody can touch McDavid.

I mean, I get it, I get it. Without him, Edmonton would be a bottom 5 team. And with him they are a bottom 7 team. Most Valuable Player y'all.

I’d argue Sid being there is more of a joke then McD. If they are going to put players that missed playoffs Kane should be there above McD and Sid.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I’d argue Sid being there is more of a joke then McD. If they are going to put players that missed playoffs Kane should be there above McD and Sid.
Eh... This team without Sid is legitimately where the Kings or Devils are. The Oilers without McDavid are the last place team, as opposed to the 25th out of 31. :laugh:

Kane was terrific, but McDavid's going to be in the running annually for the next decade because he's a generational talent (and had a hand in 50% of the entirety of the goals the Oilers scored), and Sid legitimately carried a terrible hockey team to the playoffs (with the help of Jake, Letang and Murray).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reading the main board thread and seeing those responses was utterly predictable. It's always the usual suspects, posting the same thing literally over and over in every Crosby thread.

Doesn't HF have a policy against trolling (or would it be considered spamming?)? It seems like those only apply as long as the subject isn't Crosby or the Pens.

Reactions: Tweed

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Teams that don't make the PO's don't deserve Hart nominees.
Sid deffo deserved a slot for carrying them to a PO spot all season long. It only got a little rusty at the end stretch there for some reason...

My 3 noms would've been Kuch, Sid and MacKinnon.
Again, gotta make the PO's to qualify.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Kuch will get it.

But Sid deserves it as well, imo. Absolutely dragged this team, kicking and screaming to the playoffs.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Only 3 players in the history of this trophy have been nominated for it more times than Crosby;

Gretzky
Howe
Bobby Hull

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Only 3 players in the history of this trophy have been nominated for it more times than Crosby;

Gretzky
Howe
Bobby Hull
There’s always one player that “ruins” these type of feat lol. If it was just Gretzky and Howe it would look so much better. Same thing with malkin. He’s scored more in a playoff run then anybody other than Gretzky Lemieux and coffey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad