Movies: Sicario 2: Soldado

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Aweeeeeesome. Emily Blunt's story in the first movie was secondary to Del Torro's "lone wolf" drama and the CIA's influence on the rest of the world anyway so it looks like the sequel will focus on that.

The director is completely unknown to me though so he doesn't get the benefit of doubt that Villenueve has. Hopefully it's a great movie because the first one was excellent

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
No Denis, Deakins, or Johan.

May as well be a completely different movie.

Hm, this funny shooting, as showed Del Torro in the clip, it is possible?

Yes. Bump firing a rifle does something similar.

Reactions: EON

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just watched the Sicario (1) last night after coming across this trailer online a few days ago. Trailer looks decent but could see a flop with different director and no follow up on Blunt.

Solid movie although the ending left me a bit unsure about how I was supposed to feel- LOL!

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
As the posters above I dont really see a need for a sequel for Sicario.

But considering all the remakes and sequels on bad movies that are done these days, perhaps doing a sequel on a really good movie is not so bad after all.

Reactions: member 51464

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Part of the enjoyment of the first was the fish out of water tension Emily Blunts character provided. A movie just about the Sicario would lose something imo.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A lead-footed, poorly focused attempt to start a franchise with the most utterly preposterous ending that I have seen in I don't know how long. Artistically, it is several thousand light years removed from the original. Think Jaws 2 (and thanks to Nyquil for that comparison).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Saw this on Friday.

Overall: Not horrible but not even close to as good as the first one. Typical sequel let down, IMO.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think it was a good action movie in the raw/realistic violence genre.

The first one was a master piece and one that I have seen 4 times by now. The sequal I will eventually see again but no hurry.

I do look forward to the 3rd one. Great actors and the red line story line is an interesting one.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sicario is a fantastic action thriller where the tension never lets up for a second.

Sicario 2 is riddled with inconsistencies, implausible decisions/twists, poor pacing, and a lot of bad child acting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad