Shutdown some players for the regular season?

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
The team is just tired.. Too much hockey and not enough rest the last 6 weeks. Stop chasing 2nd place and give the guys the rest they need...Proposal For the next 3 game, I don't think they can call up anyone...

Tampa

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Lucic
(Dress Seguin, Marchand Bergeron 0 minutes each)

Redden Johnson, McQuiad, Bartowski, Ference,
(Dress Boychuk 0 minutes)

Khudobin in nets

Washington....

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Jagr
(Dress Krejci, Lucic, Seguin 0 minutes each)

(Dress Hamilton 0 minutes)

Rask in nets

Ottawa....

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Marchand
(Dress Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic 0 minutes each)

(Dress Seidenberg 0 minutes)

Khudobin in nets

remer

Oct 18, 2005
The team is just tired.. Too much hockey and not enough rest the last 6 weeks. Stop chasing 2nd place and give the guys the rest they need...Proposal For the next 3 game, I don't think they can call up anyone...

Tampa

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Lucic
(Dress Seguin, Marchand Bergeron 0 minutes each)

(Dress Boychuk 0 minutes)

Khudobin in nets

Washington....

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Jagr
(Dress Krejci, Lucic, Seguin 0 minutes each)

(Dress Hamilton 0 minutes)

Rask in nets

Ottawa....

Paille Campbell Thornton
Pandolfo Kelly Dogman
Soderberg Peverly Marchand
(Dress Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic 0 minutes each)

(Dress Seidenberg 0 minutes)

Khudobin in nets

See if you can bring another player or two up. Spooner, Krug, etc.
Time to rest players and think about the playoffs.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I think it's a little more risky only skating 9 forwards and giving them more ice time than not giving our top guys some rest.

I can't see Clode doing that also. He's pretty committed to rolling 4 lines.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I would, but from Chiarelli's comments today, the division means a lot to them, and they've already been trying to rest guys.

I'd rest the core on Thursday and Sunday, with a tune up game on Saturday.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I think it's a little more risky only skating 9 forwards and giving them more ice time than not giving our top guys some rest.

I can't see Clode doing that also. He's pretty committed to rolling 4 lines.

I don't think it's a Claude decision more of an organization decision, And I am not sure they can carry more guys on the roster than they presently have...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
If you get 2nd seed and get through the 1st round then you don't have to play Pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

If you get to face them in the 3rd round you hope that the injury bug has hit them by then.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
If you get 2nd seed and get through the 1st round then you don't have to play Pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

If you get to face them in the 3rd round you hope that the injury bug has hit them by then.

Your gonna have to play them eventually, and since when do you rely on injuries happening? They can happen to you as well. Right now, they are too tired, they will be out in 5 games in the first round... They need to rest up. Just my opinion.

member 96824

I don't understand why the B's are so "tired" and "exhausted" but other teams can battle all the way through this 48 game season.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I don't understand why the B's are so "tired" and "exhausted" but other teams can battle all the way through this 48 game season.

They did not play much the first month, they had many games in hand from the very beginning and they have played more than anyone in the last 6 to 8 weeks.

member 96824

They did not play much the first month, they had many games in hand from the very beginning and they have played more than anyone in the last 6 to 8 weeks.

I recognize that, but it still sounds like an excuse. The B's haven't been playing good hockey since the end of February.

9-8 in March
5-6 in April.

and while yes, March has been a bit more heavy...every team has played the same amount of games. For example, the Blues have played 13 games in the 23 days of April and only lost 3 of those.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
if they keep playing this way they'll be on the golf course in 2 weeks anyways.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I think they should be resting guys they have played a lot in the last 6 weeks. The division title doesn't mean much, in fact if they lost it they draw Toronto, as it sits they would draw the Rangers. Rather play the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad