TSN Radio Shuffle at TSN 1050 (Toronto Sports Media thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
If they think she can float that show they are dumb and choosing a woman just because is also completely stupid. You choose the best personality period and she doesn't really have it going on. If they can find a woman with a big personality that gets people talking and listening then great, if not cut your losses and move on.

Sorry...miscommunication. I was referencing her gig on HNiC as opposed to Leafs Lunch. I think she should still be doing what she was on HNiC. She was very good at that role.

she left HNIC before rogers got the rights, she went to soccer for a while I think plus the Olympics. She was very good on the panel back when HNIC was purely a CBC thing, they should bring her back I think she is a great panelist not a great host imo. Also dim the lights and give that cozy Saturday night feel to HNIC again right now its like a operating theatre stark LED lighting really doesn't help the show

I thought her contract wasn't renewed as they wanted to go in a different direction. If I recall correctly, the same thing went on with Kevin Weekes. I don't know if her going to soccer plus the Olympics meant anything as both were under the CBC umbrella which Rogers controls.

I agree with you, as I stated above, she was very good. Now it just seems like they are utilizing an in-house token hot girl (Jurksztowicz, Redmond) just to appease some eyes (which Andi certainly doesn't lack in either).

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
then he shouldn't complain about Nylander's defensive game. He was lousy at it but knows how to score in fact he should love nylander then. for the record Nylander is already better at defensive play. If he wasn't willing to put in effort its not right to whine on the radio about another players effort, just comes off as very hypocritical something like "this worked for me in the league, BUT I don't want this guy to do that"

No,, it does not come off as hypocritical. It comes off as someone who was smart enough to learn from his own mistakes.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No,, it does not come off as hypocritical. It comes off as someone who was smart enough to learn from his own mistakes.

after his career was over. He also says he see Nylander as a winger because he (odog) didn't like the extra responsibility of C, he has said this at least 4 or 5 times. SO because Odog was lazy Nylander should be a winger

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Surprised to see so many listening to O'Neill. I always took him as the lovable loon on the show while Noodles and Hayes added the actual insight.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Surprised to see so many listening to O'Neill. I always took him as the lovable loon on the show while Noodles and Hayes added the actual insight.

this is the reality of the show. Until the chat goes to other sports then Odog and noodles might as well just leave they have no idea about anything about other sports

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I was see O'dog as a guy who knows what he did wrong and regretted in his career and wants talented guys who were like him to not make the same mistakes.

One reason why when he was so hard on Kessel it didn't bother me that much, I honestly believe he saw himself in Kessel and didn't want him to be out of the league early like him because of it (ya I know about other factors too).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
O'Neil has constantly been open with that one his biggest regrets is that he didn't take his career more seriously (being fit, etc) - and that he did, he would have A: made more money (truth), but B - played more. and as much as he rides players he says it does it that maybe they will hear it and understand he's coming at it not so much as a "media" but someone who literally been there an failed it.

(and if y'all think he doesn't ride JVR/Bozak... you missed some doozies. I just think he can't be bothered w/people who are going to be gone eventually).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad