Online Series: Shrinking

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm a fan of both leads but I'm running too many subscriptions to get Apple TV right now. Maybe on a vacation I'll get a trial and watch this + a few others while I can.

To those who've watched, how's Jason Segel been? Feels like he hasn't been in anything in ages.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I enjoy it.

Sort of a dramedy mixing the usual life lessons and struggle with laugh out loud moments, a clever script and some physical comedy.

The real breakout star is Jessica Williams as Gaby. She's a riot.

HanSolo said:
To those who've watched, how's Jason Segel been? Feels like he hasn't been in anything in ages.

If you like Jason Segal, you'll like him in this.

Self-deprecating, not afraid to be the butt of jokes, but still with a lot of darkly sarcastic zingers and a lot of humorous moments.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Really enjoying this show.

OT - but as far as streaming services right now, Apple TV is killing it in our house. Severance and Black Bird were phenomenal, Ted Lasso, Mosquito Coast are great, and now Shrinking.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm a fan of both leads but I'm running too many subscriptions to get Apple TV right now. Maybe on a vacation I'll get a trial and watch this + a few others while I can.

He's been awesome. A lot of his character is similar to what he usually plays in shows/movies; that anxious dude who's always on edge but has a weird charm to him and is the butt of a lot of jokes. His character has a lot of issues he's working through, though, so that allows him to branch out a bit more.

Really enjoying this show.

OT - but as far as streaming services right now, Apple TV is killing it in our house. Severance and Black Bird were phenomenal, Ted Lasso, Mosquito Coast are great, and now Shrinking.
I haven't checked out the bolded, but Ted Lasso may go down as one of my favorite shows ever.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I enjoy it.

Sort of a dramedy mixing the usual life lessons and struggle with laugh out loud moments, a clever script and some physical comedy.

The real breakout star is Jessica Williams as Gaby. She's a riot.

If you like Jason Segal, you'll like him in this.

Self-deprecating, not afraid to be the butt of jokes, but still with a lot of darkly sarcastic zingers and a lot of humorous moments.
Yeah, she's funny as hell.

The casting in this has been awesome!

I'm so glad they were able to cast Harrison Ford. He's been amazing. Funny as hell, but also has some dramatic scenes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's been awesome. A lot of his character is similar to what he usually plays in shows/movies; that anxious dude who's always on edge but has a weird charm to him and is the butt of a lot of jokes. His character has a lot of issues he's working through, though, so that allows him to branch out a bit more.

I haven't checked out the bolded, but Ted Lasso may go down as one of my favorite shows ever.

Severance is unreal. One of the best seasons of TV I've watched.

Reactions: IBleedOil247

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Surprised there is only one page on this so far. I just finished season one and really enjoyed it. Every single character so far has been intriguing. There's not one storyline that I'm wanting to skip through. Even D-man had me rolling at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad