Show Yourself - Pictures, Video, and Gear Thread

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
Pretty cool seeing it go from idea to completion on the board- nice job!

Thanks man. We are currently working on new aways and I'll keep everyone up to date on that process as well.

Dude you guys have an All Star game? you run a pretty tight league there don't you?
BTW the jerseys look good man.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah we do run a pretty tight league. Since we are a lower level league the "All Star" should be in quotes for sure, but we have fun with it. Running the league can be extremely annoying and rewarding at the same time. We also have a Winter Classic during the winter session.

Is that HNA in Chicago? I play HNA here in STL and all teams have to have matching unis (home/away jerseys and socks).. We played Chicago up in Toronto at nationals back in May.

Our league is not HNA, but we've had a few guys move from that league into ours. I'm not sure how it is in St. Louis but HNA in Chicago is mostly for guys who have not played any hockey before, whereas our league is a bit above that skill wise. About 5 guys started our league up about a year and a half ago and it has grown into something that we never expected. If you google Federal League Chicago you can find us.

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
Our league is not HNA, but we've had a few guys move from that league into ours. I'm not sure how it is in St. Louis but HNA in Chicago is mostly for guys who have not played any hockey before, whereas our league is a bit above that skill wise. About 5 guys started our league up about a year and a half ago and it has grown into something that we never expected. If you google Federal League Chicago you can find us.

That's weird. HNA in STL is all over the map. We have A,B1,B2,B3,B4,C1,C2,Beginners here. I currently play A/B1 (very high level of hockey, most are college/junior players) and B3 (Most guys have at least played through high school, my team has a couple of guys that played D1 and D2 college). I had a chance to check out some of the lower leagues in between our games(C2 more to be more specific) and it was brutal.

I think HNA is all over the map in the different cities to be honest, my B3 team played B3 teams from Chicago,Boston and D.C. and they were equivalent to C1 teams here in St.Louis.

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
That's weird. HNA in STL is all over the map. We have A,B1,B2,B3,B4,C1,C2,Beginners here. I currently play A/B1 (very high level of hockey, most are college/junior players) and B3 (Most guys have at least played through high school, my team has a couple of guys that played D1 and D2 college). I had a chance to check out some of the lower leagues in between our games(C2 more to be more specific) and it was brutal.

I think HNA is all over the map in the different cities to be honest, my B3 team played B3 teams from Chicago,Boston and D.C. and they were equivalent to C1 teams here in St.Louis.

Yeah I'm probably way off in my assessment of HNA as I don't know much about it. We have a bunch of guys comes to our league from lower levels of HNA so that must be why I thought it was a beginners league.

expy

Nov 2, 2010

Here's some video I took at our Friday Night hockey pick-up. First time using the GoPro Hero HD cam, turned out nice.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Thanks haha. Reactionary saves are the best, you're like "I got it?" :laugh:

I'm really loving the camera, it helps me see where I can improve, where I was off-angle, and helping my recoveries. I really need to sharpen my skates though, they're as dull as my stick. lol

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Here are some pics of me about 2 years back. Teammates grandmother took all the pictures and videos last year. Just need to figure out how to take a video off of the dvd she gave us and cut some stuff out. All these pics are from my last year in Midget LL

goalie3.jpg

goalie2.jpg

goalie1.jpg

I am wearing Simmons Matrix III goalie pads along with the blocker and trapper. My mask is an Eddy, obviously made of kevlar.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Gotta love that Simmons gear, pro quality, low price and totally customized.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Gotta love that Simmons gear, pro quality, low price and totally customized.

Simmons gear is amazing. So glad I switched to it. It truly is pro quality. Never had any problems with my equipment but my younger brother and sisters all have some problems with their Reebok or Vaughn equipment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad