Should Yakupov fire Larionov?

Jun 9, 2011
I think Larionov really wants the best for his guys and cares about their careers. But I he seems to get wound up, and winds up his players. Then it becomes public, then it becomes a circus. If this had stayed quiet there still may have been a way to resolve Yakupov's ice time in the top six. Now he has lessened his trade value, and it could be awkward to keep him.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Galchenyuk fires Larionov and goes on a tear to score 30.

Yak should fire him at the start of next season, so he can go on to score 50.

:D

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think Eberle was playing with McDavid because the team wanted to win.

yup. I don't get all the Eberle hate tbh. Imo it's very likely McLellan and Chia have penciled in a line of Maroon-McDavid-Eberle to start next season. It worked really well, and could have been so much better if Ebs wasn't snake bitten to finish the season. He's our only right shot sniper. Fix the defense behind them and they will do a lot of damage

Having said that, I'm fine with any moves to improve, and there are other ways to get a right shot sniper. If the Isles really want Eberle in a Hamonic deal I guess we have to make it, but who says they want Eberle? I see their fans saying so, but that doesn't mean much. I'm definitely NOT looking to move Eberle just to get him out of here. I certainly wouldn't do it just to make Yakupov happy either, although I would support a way to have a top six right side of Eberle and Yak. If we do move one, we should probably keep the other one

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If they were true to their words they would have tried uniting Yak and McDavid during the home stretch.

just makes no sense persisting with McD-Ebs especially after Yak is clearly on the outs. Yak's trade value could have been much higher right now.

Showcasing Ebs. Plain and simple.

A little too early to be questioning the honesty of Chia and McLellan.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
One thing I think is being left out of the discussion is what effect Larianovs frequent calls to coach and management actually had on where yak played...
I obviously don't know how often they were or what the tone was, but I do know that if someone is pestering me about something to the point of being annoying I often have a contrary reaction. In this case pissing me off bugging me about what line he's on would probably get him an extra game with testtube for every phone call.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Larionov is actually someone who can use the phrase "last time i checked maybe one other agent has won more than me so I think I know a thing or two about winning if there is ever a concern".

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Larionov seems like an over the top micromanager. I think he has been doing more harm than good with all his complaining and asking for Yak to get special treatment from coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00