Post-Game Talk: Should we stop making new GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Okay folks, this forum is for us, the users so we should definitely have an opinion or say in this matter.

I don't know about you guys but it really irks me whenever we make a new GDT the second we hit 1000 posts. I don't know what the reason for it is, I don't even think other team boards do it other than ours. However the whole process is extremely annoying and inconvenient especially to those like me who use their mobile for posting comments.

So in light of yesterday when a new GDT was created with 2 minutes left in OT, only to be locked 2 minutes later I ask you, do you want new GDT created as soon as 1000 posts.

If it doesn't bother you or don't care then don't vote. Personally I find it annoying.
If there's a major reason why this needs to be done then fine, keep doing it. But use logic here, creating a new one with 2 minutes left in OT is really not necessary AT ALL

1) it's inconvenient for mobile users, we type out a comment and hit send only to have it tell us that the thread is locked, load a new thread, type the comment again, it is just so inconvenient to do that. Sure it might not be on a desktop, but on an iPhone or iPad it is.

2) people's comments at the end are buried away. If someone put a long post and then seconds later the thread is locked just to start a new one now their comment is wasted

Once again, if there's a reason it needs to be done, do it. But with 2 minutes left in OT it's okay to let an extra 50-100 comments over 1000 go.

So what is your opinion on this matter

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
1000 posts is a thread limit standard for the entire board not just the Leafs board and a request by Admin.

It has valid reasons beyond that in terms of computer limits and file structures.
End of Story

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad