Post-Game Talk: Should we be worried?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Frustration with the game probably. Or maybe he’s pissed that he lost his place in line to shower and might get cold water now.

Vegas does it, “It’s in the rules”.
Oilers try it, “You can’t do that and you owe Calgary a 3rd Round Pick for the next 45 years”.
Gary would probably just strip them of their playoff spot, regardless of standings and award Calgary their spot instead.

Reactions: Mr Positive

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Vegas does it, “It’s in the rules”.
Oilers try it, “You can’t do that and you owe Calgary a 3rd Round Pick for the next 45 years”.

Would have lost our 1st for the next few years, but at least it would have shut the door on Vegas abusing the loophole :laugh:

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Ah, couldn't see it on my phone as the pig was too small. All I noticed was the power plant looks like the ones from that game

SovietAdvPowerProRender.jpg
Just looked it up. Had no idea this was a video game. Thought it was a board game like Risk. I guess since there's the Soviet Union, A DDR (East Germany) DLC is available? :huh:.:laugh:

Reactions: Oilhawks

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Frustration with the game probably. Or maybe he’s pissed that he lost his place in line to shower and might get cold water now.

Gary would probably just strip them of their playoff spot, regardless of standings and award Calgary their spot instead.
nah, Dallas gets our playoff spot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The more strange thing in that clip is not just how McD is reacting but that the playres that probably know something we do not are reacting. "Uh, Oh" seems very pronounced around McD on the bench in the players reacting to his head down. Ceci is consoling him (Like Drai was doing earlier in season) Just thought it was odd.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
The more strange thing in that clip is not just how McD is reacting but that the playres that probably know something we do not are reacting. "Uh, Oh" seems very pronounced around McD on the bench in the players reacting to his head down. Ceci is consoling him (Like Drai was doing earlier in season) Just thought it was odd.
Something like that might be a flu or something, pure exhaustion?

Otherwise it’s hard to say.

Reactions: Duke74 and sepHF

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just looked it up. Had no idea this was a video game. Thought it was a board game like Risk. I guess since there's the Soviet Union, A DDR (East Germany) DLC is available? :huh:.:laugh:
Video game quasi board in the sense that the Original Warcrafts games, Age of Empires, and others were. Before graphics blew the characters and map up into first person gamer experiences.

Far as the PP at University yes its still there. The Bar portion of it has been downsized immensely. No longer dining room and kitchen either. it was the best place on campus to eat. 5bucks or in and around that would get you a man size heaping helping of the daily specials. Was awesome. Was like home cooked food. That was in the 80's though, Few students knew you could go there for food and not require sign in. If you wanted in the bar somebody would have to sign you in or vouch for you. Some graduate student. I knew lots so never a problem. This alone made it the best bar on campus. None of the puking all over idiocy of RATT and Deweys and such places. Was a great place to unwind. often live music, entertainment etc. Favorite Friday place back in the day. Building was beautiful brick inside and out and um, interesting artwork....

• Love
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Henrique becomes one of the smartest players on the Oilers. Without question in my mind. It goes Ekholm, Ryan then Henrique. Henrique should play a much bigger role for the Oilers than Ryan who is often a healthy scratch.

Carrick is a capable role player... better then we had.

Both newcomers are centers. We didn't have a lot of them. I don't consider McLeod a center and Nuge is a full time winger now, as he should be.
I mean I appreciate the sentiment but not having McDavid, Drai, and Nuge in the top 4 is puzzling. Especially McDavid and Nuge.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Something like that might be a flu or something, pure exhaustion?

Otherwise it’s hard to say.
I was half joking the other day that McD was signing autographs for 50 snot rockets that he could be contracting the flu, Measles also going around. yikes.

more joking but look at Bouchards expression. Like he was in the middle of taking a crap after the game and got called back on the bench with a turtle popping out. His eyes are like bugged out. lol

would be funny if any of the players came back on ice with toilet paper sticking out the backside. I would have for a joke...

For anybody not understanding these comments the game was over, Buffalo won in OT and then several minutes later the players were called back on ice as the goal was taken away for offside and players had to be gathered back to finish OT and the shootout. Was bizarre.

Last edited:

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Not worried. Lots if games in a short time period. This is why we needed to win those 16 in a row during our low activity schedule. We will be fine.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Probably because that’s how I’ve been feeling lately. :(
Try being in your fifties...old and tired, you're still a youngen'. ;)

People need more exercise. Do a brisk walk in the morning five or six days for a week, and force yourself to post only good, positive things in your PGTs. :) Then rate that mood.

And remember, a sedentary life is a grumpy life. :wally:

1710039011512.png

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
My former boss just retired a few weeks ago and he’s very ill with a viral lung infection right now. Lots of nasty shit going around this year.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
There is Vancouver scoring their typical goal.

They get in with a purpose. They give it back to Quinn Hughes. One of their wingers comes cutting across the zone for a pick/cause chaois. Hughes gets it on net and they crash and Miller just shoves it in

They dont dick around like EDM and pas it around playing hot potato

We could learn a thing or two from watching it

Knob should make them watch video of Canuck goals most look similar

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Well, if one good thing came out of that shit game was, thanks for the Idiocracy recommendation, my dudes. I'd never seen it and finally watched it tonight.

(also, Maya Rudolph is kind of a babe in it...I did not know that she used to be kinda nice)

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I was half joking the other day that McD was signing autographs for 50 snot rockets that he could be contracting the flu, Measles also going around. yikes.

more joking but look at Bouchards expression. Like he was in the middle of taking a crap after the game and got called back on the bench with a turtle popping out. His eyes are like bugged out. lol

would be funny if any of the players came back on ice with toilet paper sticking out the backside. I would have for a joke...

For anybody not understanding these comments the game was over, Buffalo won in OT and then several minutes later the players were called back on ice as the goal was taken away for offside and players had to be gathered back to finish OT and the shootout. Was bizarre.

When I get my like button back I'm coming back for this because that Bouchard paragraph killed me.🤣

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad