• John Vanbiesbrouck

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
None of them. That should be an option in the poll.

To get into the Hall of Fame, you need either a dominant peak where you win individual awards, or you need to compile some insane numbers.

Hovering around 1,000 points with no hardware is an excellent career but not a Hall of Fame career.

I could be sold on Turgeon, and since none isn't an option, I just voted for him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

To get into the Hall of Fame, you need either a dominant peak where you win individual awards, or you need to compile some insane numbers.

Hovering around 1,000 points with no hardware is an excellent career but not a Hall of Fame career.

I could be sold on Turgeon, and since none isn't an option, I just voted for him.

Agreed. Unfortunately this ship has sailed considering some of the names the HoF has inducted over the years.

It's unfortunate because it diminishes the prestige of actually being inducted for those who truly were dominant players during their careers.

I'd actually rather they be too strict rather than too easy.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Considering the challenges he faced Fleury actually did put up some pretty impressive numbers, that sort of thing doesn't really count when it comes to getting in the HOF though. I doubt any of them get in.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Mogilny without question. Outstanding goal scoring stats aside, the impact he had on the game alone is worthy.

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Clearly, you've never looked at who is in the hall of fame.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
The Hall has too many stats compilers that just hung on forever to reach certain milestones that served as criteria at the time. There are 13 retired players who scored 500 or more Goals in 1200 or fewer games and 12 of them are in the Hall of Fame. The ONLY one who isn't??? Peter Bondra

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Turgeon not in the HHOF is lunacy, the guy is over PPG player for his entire career and damn near a PPG player in the playoffs. He also has an individual award.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad