NBA Should they be HoFers?

Vote for the HoF worthy

• Total voters

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LeBron, Dirk, Durant, Wade, and Curry will all get in.

I personally would not vote for Vince Carter. I'm not sure why he was so beloved to be honest. Yeah he dunked a lot but I was never a fan. I think he gets in but I disagree with the decision.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I think under the current standards all those guys are HOFers. Not that I really agree with the standard but all those players qualify I'd say.

My Best-Carey

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Voted everyone besides Westbrook and DeRozan and they should all be locks. Wouldn't even be surprised if Westbrook got in.
Why is Westbrook a maybe to you? All time leader in triple doubles (by far), former MVP, 9X All NBA Team including 2 1st Teams, 2X scoring champion, 3x assist leader (how many other players have even become both scoring and assist leaders let alone do it more than once?). And he’s done all of that with a pretty good longevity (15 seasons and counting) and he’ll probably finish with a stat line of 20/7/7. Basketball has the lowest standards to make it to the HOF compared to other sports. Players with less impressive resumés than Westbrook’s have made it. So I’m just wondering how in the world he’s a “maybe” to you when everyone else knows he’s an automatic HOFer.

Last edited:
Reactions: OKR and DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
LeBron, Dirk, Durant, Wade, and Curry will all get in.

I personally would not vote for Vince Carter. I'm not sure why he was so beloved to be honest. Yeah he dunked a lot but I was never a fan. I think he gets in but I disagree with the decision.
Everyone other than DeRozen are absolute locks to get in. Anyone saying otherwise obviously doesn't know anything about the NBA's HOF. Not sure why this poll even exists.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why is Westbrook a maybe to you? All time leader in triple doubles (by far), former MVP, 9X All NBA Team including 2 1st Teams, 2X scoring champion, 3x assist leader (how many other players have even become both scoring and assist leaders let alone do it more than once?). And he’s done all of that with a pretty good longevity (15 seasons and counting) and he’ll probably finish with a stat line of 20/7/7. Basketball has the lowest standards to make it to the HOF compared to other sports. Players with less impressive resumés than Westbrook’s have made it. So I’m just wondering how in the world he’s a “maybe” to you when everyone else knows he’s an automatic HOFer.

Not to mention there have only been 5x where a player averaged a triple double for a season...Westbrook owns 4 of the 5.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
DeRozan has more points than Pau Gasol. If he keeps playing well he has a shot.

DeRozan is better than Mitch Richmond across the board statistically which seems to be the entry point for getting in these days....which is pathetic but it is what it is.

Hopefully the standard rises a little bit because we're coming off a generation of talent that is probably the best we've had since the early 90s. Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Irving, and Leonard, etc. were all drafted within a pretty short period of time and are all locks to get in (like it or not with Kyrie).

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Voted everyone besides Westbrook and DeRozan and they should all be locks. Wouldn't even be surprised if Westbrook got in.
E3B21FC8-5E54-4446-9462-971245447400.jpeg

There is absolutely no way Russel Westbrook is not making the HOF, and it’s more than deserved.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
DeRozan is better than Mitch Richmond across the board statistically which seems to be the entry point for getting in these days....which is pathetic but it is what it is.

Hopefully the standard rises a little bit because we're coming off a generation of talent that is probably the best we've had since the early 90s. Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Irving, and Leonard, etc. were all drafted within a pretty short period of time and are all locks to get in (like it or not with Kyrie).
The difference is that Richmond played in an inside-out era, where big men dominated. Slower, half-court, less possessions, that was a very different game.

There are a lot more guards putting up numbers these days. Tougher for DeRozan to stand out.

One of the teams that played differently from the rest of the league was that "run TMC" Warriors teams, which allowed Richmond to stand out more among guards statistically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad