LB Zach Thomas
WR Torry Holt
QB Ken Anderson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Sterling Sharpe
RB Roger Craig
CB Lester Hayes

Yes, all of them.

Thomas is due, he got overshadowed by Lewis and Urlacher in the 2000’s.

Holt and Wayne should be in by now but because the hall of fame was ‘wide receiver’ for the past couple years they never made it.

Anderson, Sharpe, Craig and Hayes are getting in via the Senior Committee but they should all be in.

Reactions: Elvis P

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Thomas 100% definitely yes.

Holt and Wayne I'm inclined to say yes.

Sharpe had HOF talent and if his career weren't cut short he would have easily been one of the greatest of all time and a first-ballot guy.

I'm a Bengals fan, and for the time being Ken Anderson is still the greatest QB in team history. Does that mean much? No it doesn't, given the team being the worst organization in the league for > 90% of Mike Brown's tenure as owner.

Craig was so versatile. I can't think of any RB before him that was as involved in the passing game as he was. However, he's not a slam-dunk for me due to reasons that aren't really his fault.

Hayes was a bit before my time and he's borderline.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Craig is not a HOFer IMO

If he is a HOF, then open the door for Neal Anderson and others who were just as versatile and productive in less games and without the elite talent surrounding them

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Craig is not a HOFer IMO

If he is a HOF, then open the door for Neal Anderson and others who were just as versatile and productive in less games and without the elite talent surrounding them
Craig had 4000 yds more total offense in the regular season and another 1000 more in the playoffs, Craig might not be a hall of famer, but he was still substantially better than Anderson. When you add in the 3 SB rings I thing Craig does get in eventually

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Super Bowl rings definitely levels you up. I’m suprised it hasn’t gotten Craig in. But the biggest injustice is Zach Thomas.

Lester Hayes could be in, corner is such a tricky position but he is still a 5x pro bowler

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Super Bowl rings definitely levels you up. I’m suprised it hasn’t gotten Craig in. But the biggest injustice is Zach Thomas.

Lester Hayes could be in, corner is such a tricky position but he is still a 5x pro bowler
Agreed. I see no argument for keeping Thomas out. He's more than worthy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

The 1980 defensive player of the year, 5 time pro bowler and teamed up with Mike Haynes.

Raiders have been getting some love from the HOF committee in recent years, also he’s been getting some push from past players/coaches like Dungy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I had hoped at the time, he was going to go in with Jason Taylor.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Zach Thomas' biggest crime he committed was playing in the same era as Urlacher and Lewis. He's already in if he played before or after.

Holt: Absolutely. 8 years with 1000+ yards, multiple time all-pro/pro bowler. His biggest issue is he played at what is generally a logjam position in the sport and it's seemed like that there's always been someone juuuust a bit better than him that jumps the queue (Owens, Harrison, Megatron, etc)

Wayne: Basically the same above. Might also suffer a bit because far too many people assumed he was a product of Peyton.

Sharpe: I'm a bit more lenient on guys who have their careers taken away from them so i say yes. If we can put other guys who dominated for shorter periods (Terrell Davis, Calvin Johnson to an extent) of time because of injury or guys like Kurt Warner who instead of being hurt, just sucked for the middle part of his career but got in because of the incredible story then i think we can let Sterling in. Anyone who watched him knows the dude is a bonafide HOF lock if he gets to play out a longer career.

Hayes: I'm not going to pretend like i was around for his career but his nickname being "Lester the Molester" is enough for me.

Don't know enough about Craig or Anderson to comment but i would assume that Craig's 3 super bowls probably get him closer than Anderson.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
If Torrey Holt doesn’t get in in next couple years it’ll be a travesty

*Tin foil hat theory* the league is purposely keeping him out as one final F U to St. Louis as he’s most likely the last worthy exclusively St. Louis Ram to get in (Donald started here but he’ll have spent way more time in LA)

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Zach Thomas is more overshadowed by the other two now than he was back then. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s it was basically take your pick of the three. Time has forgotten.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Agreed. I see no argument for keeping Thomas out. He's more than worthy.

Zach Thomas is more overshadowed by the other two now than he was back then. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s it was basically take your pick of the three. Time has forgotten.
Add Derrick Brooks to this group. I always considered Brooks and Thomas the next tier after Lewis and Urlacher. Both of them are easily HOFers (Brooks got inducted in 2014). and its been a travesty that Thomas hasn't been inducted.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
thomas, holt, wayne, and sharpe absolutely

craig i would lean yes because of the rings

don't know enough about anderson or hayes

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

*Tin foil hat theory* the league is purposely keeping him out as one final F U to St. Louis as he’s most likely the last worthy exclusively St. Louis Ram to get in (Donald started here but he’ll have spent way more time in LA)
It's not a conspiracy so much as it is the HOF voting committee doing what they usually do.

WR is always logjammed too. Harrison had to try three times to get in and he has a better resume than Holt. Shit they made TO wait because he hurt the media's feelings when he should have been a slam dunk first ballot inductee.

By time Holt was eligible there was already a queue of guys in front of him that should have gone in first.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The 1980 defensive player of the year, 5 time pro bowler and teamed up with Mike Haynes.

Raiders have been getting some love from the HOF committee in recent years, also he’s been getting some push from past players/coaches like Dungy.
Donnie Shell getting in is a good sign for him.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I may be biased, but I believe that Steven Jackson has a borderline case of being in the Hall. He's had more yards than a lot of other running backs, and considering that his prime was spent on terrible St. Louis Rams teams with no help around him, when everyone knew he'd run the ball...well, yeah, I believe that S-Jax should be in.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Lol man do I ever get tired of hearing people cry about the Rams leaving St Louis. Does it suck to lose a pro sports team? Yes. But they were returning to LA, a place they should have never left. It was a travesty the league let Frontiere move them in the first place.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I don’t think it’s a middle finger to St. Louis more than it’s more likely there isn’t a writer from St. Louis in the room.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Without Craig, there are no Marshall Faulk’s. These guys need to stop just looking at counting stats and look at how they changed the game and helped their teams win. Craig was instrumental in those 80’s sb runs.

I remember Thomas once stopping and giving a homeless guy a 100 dollar bill when he was down on his luck. Hof person who should be in based on his play already.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As mad as I am that Patrick Willis has been shafted since he retired early, Thomas has been getting it even longer. It’s hard to make arguments against most of the guys on this list.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Add Derrick Brooks to this group. I always considered Brooks and Thomas the next tier after Lewis and Urlacher. Both of them are easily HOFers (Brooks got inducted in 2014). and its been a travesty that Thomas hasn't been inducted.

Brooks was all decade 2000, 2002 defensive player of the year, Super Bowl champ, 11 time pro bowler, 5 time first team all pro.

But Thomas not going in is a travesty, he should've went in the same time Jason Taylor went in. Both of them were pretty much a stallworth of that Miami defense in the late 90's/early 2000's.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's laughable that someone can be:

5x 1st team all pro
2x 2nd team all pro
5th all time in tackles
5th all time in solo tackles

And be waiting a decade and counting for their gold jacket. Thomas was a machine at LB. He was a healthier Luke Kuechly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad