Should the Sens make a trade for Fleury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Anderson is getting up there in age. Pens have a young kid who they are going to build around but might need a good veteran to split the duties with.

Pens could use the lower cap space of Anderson.

We get a cup winner who.has struggled a little but seemed to get it back this past year. Him and O'connor could be a good tandem.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anderson is getting up there in age. Pens have a young kid who they are going to build around but might need a good veteran to split the duties with.

We get a cup winner who.has struggled a little but seemed to get it back this past year. Him and O'connor could be a good tandem.

why not put this in the trade thread

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Anderson is better and cheaper. No thanks!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

One for one, I'd consider it, not because I like Fleury, but because he gives us more time than Anderson would to find a long term solution.

We'd be spending an extra 1.5 on goaltending, which is manageable. Not sure we'd be the only bidder though; certainly there are other teams looking for a solution in nets (Calgary for example). Pittsburgh likely doesn't value Anderson all that much, so I think other teams would be able to out bid us.

HoffStoneKarl*

I dunno. Fleury is a rockstar in the regular season, but has struggled in the playoffs.

I don't think we should trade for him personally

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
With his reputation for inconsistent play, he'd get eaten alive by fatGarrioch and idiotBrennan. Fans would turn on him in a real big hurry.

Unless Pitt is willing to eat 50% of his salary, it's a real easy no for me.

Fleury to Calgary makes a lot more sense.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
not interested in higher cap hit, do agree with the notion that we need to dump anderson.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
not interested in higher cap hit, do agree with the notion that we need to dump anderson.

I don't get this... I mean, Anderson is getting up there in age, and we need to have a plan for succession, but needing to dump him implies he is currently or will hurt the franchise before the end of his contract.

He's signed for 2 more seasons at 4.2 mil. There is no reason to believe that he won't be a quality starter for next season, and while age can catch up in a hurry, he could easily still be earning his contract in the final year.

To be honest, I could see us extending with a backup contract. Something at or under 2 mil per.

If an option to land a true, long term start arises, we jump on it. But getting ride of Anderson should be way, way down the list of our priorities.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Anderson + Borowiecki + Puempel
to
Calgary for Colborne + Engelland + Ortio + Shore/Bouma

Z. Smith + Ortio/Hammond
to
Pittsburgh for Fleury

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Anderson + Borowiecki + Puempel
to
Calgary for Colborne + Engelland + Ortio + Shore/Bouma

Z. Smith + Ortio/Hammond
to
Pittsburgh for Fleury

Who in their right mind trade zack smith for fleury? Guys like that are exacly what you need in your bottom 6 to win cups

fleury sucks, honeslty anderson is better, fleury is very meh. Wouldnt mind packaging hammond for him with a B prospect or 2nd round pick tho

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Dude is good, but inconsistent. Besides, he'd be a lot more exposed behind our defense.

And with that price tag, it's an easy no.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This team is too cheap to buy 1st round picks.

Yeah, it's totally worth trading for a player who has 3 more years at 5.75 just so we can get a late first round pick. Having Fleury on the books for 6 more years is great for us. :shakehead

Also, why would Pittsburgh include their first round pick to trade Fleury when there are teams out there who are looking for goalies? I'm sure they can get a better return than Chiasson and not have to give up their first round pick.

Stupid thread anyway though.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I know people want a contingency plan for when Andy eventually declines, but he's still a top-15 starting goalie at this point in time. There's no reason to dump him until he gives us a reason to. The way the org strutured Hammond's deal is really telling, imo. This is Anderson's team until his contract is up, at which point the front office will take a long look at what's available.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
His caphit is nearly 6 million and he's only 3 1/2 years younger than Anderson.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad