Silver Seven Should the Sens Bring Back Robin Lehner?

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I can't unsee his crappy attitude that he had here, wouldn't want to mess with the team dynamics.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I don’t believe in paying goalies during our non-competitive period.
My general take as well. If we were on the verge of ascending again, then I'd be down with this given his age and the way he has turned his life around - he likely will be a top 15 goalie for the next 5 years, and perhaps will reach upper echelon status. But we are still going to muddling around as a lottery team for a few more years, and we don't want to end up trading our next #1 goalie, becauce Lehner is playing well. Goalie is the one position where too much depth can be a bit of a development blocker, and we already have a bunch of irons in the fire in terms of young goalie depth. Let's see how it shakes out. If our goaltending is below average for another season or two while we figure it out, that isn't the end of the world and we'll have a better idea of what we have.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
they should bring in Markstrom

or let Hogberg figure it out

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Next season will be a full season in a shorter period of time. Nobody knows what’s going on with Nilsson so we have Hogberg in the NHL. Gus and Daccord are not ready so we need to add a goalie for next season. I would go with Thomas Greiss for 2 years.

Reactions: NB613

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
People seem to forget that his "baggage" in Ottawa had to do with the fact that he was really struggling with mental illness... common guys

He was a disaster and contributed to the party down who cares attitude that saw everyone fall apart and leave town.
That is not a risk worth taking.
He was a bad influence on younger players no matter the reasons given and he even took a shot at the sens basically acting like they are bad people because they asked him to stop being a bad influence on the young players.
I mean his comments sounded like he accepts zero blame for his own behavior... having issues doesn’t make it right to have issues and it sure as shit doesn’t mean you get to act like you were the one who was wronged

Reactions: Matsens15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad