Silver Seven Should the Sens Bring Back Robin Lehner?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
having issues doesn’t make it right to have issues and it sure as shit doesn’t mean you get to act like you were the one who was wronged

So i take it you have a pretty limited understanding of mental health

Btw...a bad influence on younger players....when he was here he was a younger player

Reactions: GCK and Matsens15

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Give me any goalie upgrade who isn't going to require a long-term contract.
Nilsson + pick for Raanta

I like Nilsson, but Raanta serves the same purpose, costs less in dollars, is more likely to be a 4-5 year solution, probably won't require big assets, and can be a better deadline piece if he wants out.

Reactions: NB613

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Nilsson + pick for Raanta

I like Nilsson, but Raanta serves the same purpose, costs less in dollars, is more likely to be a 4-5 year solution, probably won't require big assets, and can be a better deadline piece if he wants out.
Throw in Tierney and Stepan and then its a deal!

Reactions: Matsens15

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
So i take it you have a pretty limited understanding of mental health

Btw...a bad influence on younger players....when he was here he was a younger player

No I don't and thats why I wouldn't take the risk

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Raanta has the best SVP in the league over the last 3 seasons amongst goalies with at least 120 games played (tied with Kuemper). When healthy, he has been nothing short of elite. I would absolutely love to bring him in but, if I was an NHL GM, he’s the first guy I’d be looking at

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He was a disaster and contributed to the party down who cares attitude that saw everyone fall apart and leave town.
That is not a risk worth taking.
He was a bad influence on younger players no matter the reasons given and he even took a shot at the sens basically acting like they are bad people because they asked him to stop being a bad influence on the young players.
I mean his comments sounded like he accepts zero blame for his own behavior... having issues doesn’t make it right to have issues and it sure as shit doesn’t mean you get to act like you were the one who was wronged

Well someone doesn't have a clue what addiction does to a person.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I hit 4 years of sobriety in 2 weeks. I judged Lehner and called him a nutjob when he was here and I absolutely regret it. If Lehner wants to come back I'd be suspicious because why would anyone want to be a part of an organization run by Melnyk but would support him. He's not a bad goalie and anyone that's overcome addiction could be a great mentor for our players. I just hope he does what's good for his health and happiness and prioritizes that while making decisions.

Reactions: saskriders

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Well someone doesn't have a clue what addiction does to a person.

Ya right, again I do that’s why I would not sign him. You think an addict did nothing to become an addict?
At least when reflecting back take some responsibility but to just play innocent and ‘blame’ the sens and try to shame them for telling him he is messing up and bringing others down with him.
Lame, I mean it’s not the end of the world and it does not make him garbage but addicts are a risk to do it again and mental illness is a long struggle that causes issues forever. When investing millions on the main piece that is something I would personally avoid.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ya right, again I do that’s why I would not sign him. You think an addict did nothing to become an addict?
At least when reflecting back take some responsibility but to just play innocent and ‘blame’ the sens and try to shame them for telling him he is messing up and bringing others down with him.
Lame, I mean it’s not the end of the world and it does not make him garbage but addicts are a risk to do it again and mental illness is a long struggle that causes issues forever. When investing millions on the main piece that is something I would personally avoid.
I think you make valid points. If (and it’s a big if in my opinion) somebody signs him long term, I bet they will regret it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Given how Lehner has played in the playoffs & the Fleury situation my guess is that Vegas re-signs him. If Ottawa signs a goalie they have to get rid of a goalie & I'm not sure that Lehner is that much better than Nilsson on a shitty team.

We've seen Lehner have some crappy games too & I've always liked Lehner but he's not at the top of the NHL's best goalies. I would much rather see Ottawa go after a proven winner like Matt Murray who might just need a change of scenery & Ottawa has a lot of tradable assets right now. Or draft the best goalie prospect in a decade (Askarov) & develop him along with all the good young prospects for a future contending team.

Reactions: Crosside

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Given how Lehner has played in the playoffs & the Fleury situation my guess is that Vegas re-signs him. If Ottawa signs a goalie they have to get rid of a goalie & I'm not sure that Lehner is that much better than Nilsson on a shitty team.

We've seen Lehner have some crappy games too & I've always liked Lehner but he's not at the top of the NHL's best goalies. I would much rather see Ottawa go after a proven winner like Matt Murray who might just need a change of scenery & Ottawa has a lot of tradable assets right now. Or draft the best goalie prospect in a decade (Askarov) & develop him along with all the good young prospects for a future contending team.

Without looking at their cap situation, I think it makes sense for Vegas to sign Lehner and likely expose Fleury again.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad