Should the Rangers re-brand?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Random question.. So I was playing NHL 17 and though to re-brand the Rangers jersey and logo, although the only option was the Liberty logo, but it made me think the Rangers should consider since its been a while. Would you touch up the Rangers identity or stay put with the classic Ranger look?

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
It's weird how much I always forget about the liberty jerseys.

I think it would be smart if, one of these years, they came out with a third jersey that was "new-looking" and maybe even "busy" instead of retro. The core look isn't going anywhere.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Random question.. So I was playing NHL 17 and though to re-brand the Rangers jersey and logo, although the only option was the Liberty logo, but it made me think the Rangers should consider since its been a while. Would you touch up the Rangers identity or stay put with the classic Ranger look?

Most franchises would kill to have original 6 branding and memorabilia.

And not to mention, the sweaters are beautiful already.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
The only re-brand I would see is the return to the 94 era jerseys or have the Heritage jersey(white and blue) be the main jerseys

Last edited:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
No thanks. I'm not old enough to be a traditionalist but I don't think theres much of a middle ground between classic looking jerseys and new era, busy, ugly jerseys. Different third jerseys are about as different as it will get imo.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No. I was just at the HHOF and loved seeing sweaters from decades back that look just like what we wear today.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'd like the third jersey to be red. Just reverse the blue and the red colors on the home jersey.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I wish they would wear the current alternates more, but definitely don't want to ditch the classic look. Working the liberty jerseys back sometimes would be cool to.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm all for a touched up third, but you keep the classic home and away looks.

The Yankees don't re-brand, Real Madrid don't re-brand, the Green Bay Packers don't re-brand, the Montreal Canadiens don't re-brand, the LA Lakers don't re-brand.

There's a pattern here.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Only thing I would change is maybe making the white jerseys home again. Miss that. Clean looking.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

The Yankees don't re-brand, Real Madrid don't re-brand, the Green Bay Packers don't re-brand, the Montreal Canadiens don't re-brand, the LA Lakers don't re-brand.

There's a pattern here.

The Rangers are more like... the Cubs.

you don't touch the traditional blue and white, but I would be open to a new third jersey. The heritage 3rds remind me of Tortorella still. seems like they've been wearing them way less... remember when it used to be Sundays at home and against original six teams too? they probably still sell well though.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Rangers are more like... the Cubs.

you don't touch the traditional blue and white, but I would be open to a new third jersey. The heritage 3rds remind me of Tortorella still. seems like they've been wearing them way less... remember when it used to be Sundays at home and against original six teams too? they probably still sell well though.

Yeah I'm game for a change on alternate jerseys, but rebrand the broadway blueshirt, god no!

*Bob Richards*

Totally on board with playing around with alternate "third" jerseys.

Change not the originals though. The Rangers white away jersey is one of my favorite in all of sports.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

There's a pattern here.

That all those teams have done a lot more winning then we have?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No. The jerseys are great as they are.

If there was any change, it would be the heritage jerseys. And even then, I'd only change the thirds to be something like the Winter Classic jerseys.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah. If we re-branded our jerseys I may vomit a little bit. Some things shouldn't change. New thirds/fourths? Cool. I couldn't careless if they changed the third jersey every year. Don't touch our home and away jerseys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad