Should the Rangers play Quick until he is giving up goals like Igor has been the past 2 months?

Should the Rangers play Quick until he is giving up goals and playing awful like Igor has been?

• Yes

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Trade Igor to send a message

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The ones that voted no, I would like to know your reasoning. Igor is losing games right now. Despite not scoring, he has to be great and he has not. Great goalies shut it down and usually become a brick wall, when the team is not scoring and Igor is not doing that.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I voted no because of the wording of the question "...until he is giving up goals like Igor has been the past 2 months?"

I do think Quick should be playing more but if they're both going to be giving up goals, let Igor figure out how to get out of the slump over Quick, who is 38 and probably wouldn't be able to handle a full-time role over a long period of time.

Play Quick more until this team starts scoring and then Igor plays full-time again. This team is in a bad place in terms of scoring right now and very few (if any) goalies can win on a regular basis when the team is only scoring 1 or 2 goals each game.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Last 5:

Shesty: 2-2-1
Quick: 0-4-1

It. Doesn't. Matter. Who. Is. In. Net. When. Your. Team. Can't. Score. Can't. Hold. A. Lead. Can't. Play. Solid. D.

Why. Is. This. Hard. To. Understand.

Yup, Quick has given up 16 goals in his last five starts, it would be no better with this team not scoring.

How many minutes did they go without a shot in that LA game last Saturday? We lost 2-1 to a team that has been on a dreadful losing streak that saw a player basically call out the locker room this week, nothing is changing if the Rangers can’t score.

Igor has been dreadful though, not giving him a pass here.

Reactions: ReddestRum

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Option 3: Get Spicy Pork up here. Maybe that will get The Russian Headband Guy going.

Remember: in Soviet Russia, road forks YOU.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is on Igor. The loss of confidence is on Igor. We’re chasing games. He is literally the worst goalie in the league right now. Tell me how you win like that? We’ve come out dominating games and end up down 2. And the team has no heart? Nonsense. This is a good team. The metrics are all there. The one metric is deep red? The goalie. I’d give the net to quick for the foreseeable future

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
We could give Igor a short mental break. Seems to have worked wonders with Samsonov of Toronto (fingers crossed here).

That said, while he hasn't been good, the problems with this team go beyond him at this point. So I don't really give a f*** TBH lol. I've got plenty of issues with our team and goaltending isn't one of 'em. Igor will eventually snap out of it, and Quick has been good.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Igor needs to stay with his family for a while , that's what he needs. maybe the all star festivities will help but then again maybe he just needed to decline and stay home. Or maybe he needs a break from the baby lol

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Hey OP…..read this and try to understand.

iwata-please-understand.png

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They should get a new goalie coach. What has Allaire done lately? Igor has fallen apart. Georgiev has fallen apart. Halak put up a .903 save percentage which matched his worst since 2012. Quick has had some good games. It's time for a new voice. Just because Allaire has been here forever doesn't mean he needs to stay here forever. Look at what happened with Ramsay. This has been going on for a while now and Allaire has done nothing to solve Igor's problems. Allaire has an inflated reputation because his time with the Rangers lines up exactly with Lundqvist's time as a Ranger.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This is on Igor. The loss of confidence is on Igor. We’re chasing games. He is literally the worst goalie in the league right now. Tell me how you win like that? We’ve come out dominating games and end up down 2. And the team has no heart? Nonsense. This is a good team. The metrics are all there. The one metric is deep red? The goalie. I’d give the net to quick for the foreseeable future
Agree. I don't really get the whole "the team can't score." Sure, it's an issue, but the truth is, they dominate, get a goal or two, but still end up down by 2 after completely controlling the game.

Then they get demoralized, they press and they become snakebitten. I'm confident if they didn't have a sack of shit in net right now, they'd be scoring a lot more.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
They should get a new goalie coach. What has Allaire done lately? Igor has fallen apart. Georgiev has fallen apart. Halak put up a .903 save percentage which matched his worst since 2012. Quick has had some good games. It's time for a new voice. Just because Allaire has been here forever doesn't mean he needs to stay here forever. Look at what happened with Ramsay. This has been going on for a while now and Allaire has done nothing to solve Igor's problems. Allaire has an inflated reputation because his time with the Rangers lines up exactly with Lundqvist's time as a Ranger.
Hot take. Allaire is considered one of the best goalie coaches ever for a reason. Georgiev isn't even here anymore, and Halak was finished by the time he got here.

The problems with Igor are clearly beyond Allaire at this point.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Igor is the coldest goalie in the league based on the last 30 something days of play - Vezina Shmezina I’d have him spending more time on the bench than a Supreme Court Judge.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Last 5:

Shesty: 2-2-1
Quick: 0-4-1

It. Doesn't. Matter. Who. Is. In. Net. When. Your. Team. Can't. Score. Can't. Hold. A. Lead. Can't. Play. Solid. D.

Why. Is. This. Hard. To. Understand.
Uh, it's a mix of both.

Shesty has been straight-up ass much of this season. He's let in some backbreaking goals that absolutely have impacted the play of the team.

The only reason this is an issue now is that the team around him has been much more mediocre.

Hot take. Allaire is considered one of the best goalie coaches ever for a reason. Georgiev isn't even here anymore, and Halak was finished by the time he got here.

The problems with Igor are clearly beyond Allaire at this point.

Then you bring someone in to fix him. You don't just say, "Oh, Allaire is great. We'll just do nothing and see if Igor recovers since Allaire is so great but can't fix this guy."

Silly.

I'm not saying fire Allaire, but at some point you need to get someone else in to work with Igor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad