Line Combos: Should the Pens’ charities be covering PPG staff salaries?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s nice that the Pens/Pens charities/players are going to cover the salaries of PPG Paints staff, but should the team’s charity be one of the parties footing the bill? Shouldn’t this be paid for by the owners?

I might be a bit annoyed if I donated for cancer research and suddenly the charity was covering lost wages of part-time workers at PPG.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It’s nice that the Pens/Pens charities/players are going to cover the salaries of PPG Paints staff, but should the team’s charity be one of the parties footing the bill? Shouldn’t this be paid for by the owners?

I might be a bit annoyed if I donated for cancer research and suddenly the charity was covering lost wages of part-time workers at PPG.
is it coming from donations or from their operating costs? I would think those are separate. Though I don't actually know what I'm talking about.

All that said, it really should be coming from the owners.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I am okay with it. When I give to a charity, it's not with a note that says "only XYZ get this". When I give, my general wish is that the money helps those in need of it. After this is all done and people are taken care of, funds for cancer research will still be there and there will still be people to give.

Reactions: PuckThumper11

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It can't be from donations. I believe there are some very serious legal implications to reuse funds in that way.

So it has to be through the foundations in another way as mentioned above.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

It should be paid 100% by the owners/organization. Sure it will cost them thousands upon thousands of dollars... but this is a team that makes millions every single year. The least they can do in these extraordinary circumstances is cover their staffs wages while their unable to work.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Charities? No.

I am okay with it. When I give to a charity, it's not with a note that says "only XYZ get this". When I give, my general wish is that the money helps those in need of it. After this is all done and people are taken care of, funds for cancer research will still be there and there will still be people to give.

I mean, you kinda are making a contract that is exactly that.

If you donate to a charity, you have a reasonable expectation that those funds will go towards furthering that charity's stated goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad