Should the NCAA...

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
It would probably be a low budget game. Expenses scaled to match the target group of 42 people who will potentially buy it.

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
They should, but having players having their likeness used counts as income which makes them professionals. Unless you play football then it’s all good
Do what the NCAA football games did with there names being there position and number. For example goalie #1

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
they should put it into the main NHL game but that would require them actually improving an aspect of the product that wouldn't bring in extra revenue (and would cost a ton for using the schools, without even getting into 'likenesses'). so it will probably never happen :|

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
Never as a stand alone game, but if the Ed O'Bannon thing ever get's sorted and NCAA Football can come back, it would be awesome if the NCAA could be added as a League in the NHL series with licensed players just like the CHL!

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Why? It would sell about 1000 copies.

If it was a viable game, it would've been done already.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Do what the NCAA football games did with there names being there position and number. For example goalie #1

For a dog your writing is pretty good, but it's their names and their position and number.

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Although NCAA wil never ever happen I must say that I like the expansion into California and the western part of the country. Hope USC/UCLA/Arizona can all get their programs going and making some noise. College hockey is mainly just on the east coast. I think Penn State even has a good program going now because of the Sabres owner.

Good stuff.

Bender14

Mar 23, 2018
USA
They could literally just create all the teams and make it downloadable content to make a little money on it. I think it would be a great addition but also wouldn't hit with anyone besides big time college hockey fans in which case would last one year.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
They could literally just create all the teams and make it downloadable content to make a little money on it. I think it would be a great addition but also wouldn't hit with anyone besides big time college hockey fans in which case would last one year.

No real company is going to do it, because even if you have one guy making it, his salary would be bigger than the sales.

Best bet of getting something like this made is some group of amateurs who'd make it in their spare time.

I mean I used to play NHL 2004 rebuilt on PC after they stopped making NHL games for PC. You could always ask them if they'd be interested in something like this (probably not, but you can always ask):

NHL04 Rebuilt 2019

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Although NCAA wil never ever happen I must say that I like the expansion into California and the western part of the country. Hope USC/UCLA/Arizona can all get their programs going and making some noise. College hockey is mainly just on the east coast. I think Penn State even has a good program going now because of the Sabres owner.

Good stuff.
Penn state should be one of the best in the country this year, pretty insane. Even arizona state made the tournament this year. Hoping we do get pac-12 hockey someday

Reactions: bruins2012

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
As others have mentioned there just isn't a market for those types of games.

Even before the legal issues it was hard to justify the college football games and their market is much bigger than the hockey one is.

Maaaaybe they could work it out and include some of them in the NHL games.

Could be a nice inclusion when they roll out the next gen. It'd be fun to be able to start GM careers running a Jr or college team, trying to lure players to your program etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad