Should the Kings be interested in Anthony Duclair UFA LW....

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
AR-180629405.jpg&updated=201806261720&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

UFA Anthony Duclair, LW, 5'11", 185 lbs., LS, 22 years old. Reports say he has skill and can skate but some believe he has been misplayed in the last couple of years. Has anyone seen him play ?.......would he be worth a look on a 2 way contract....?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Where do you place him in the lineup?

Kovalchuk, Pearson, Iafallo, Clifford are set at LW, Kempe and Thompson could shift there as well.

Seems like another dive into the dumpster.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
No. He’s worn out his welcome in 3 different cities by 22. We arent bad enough to cater to player like him.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
He fits into the Yakupov category. He has the skills to play in the top 6, but can't get it together. He is also not suited for the bottom 6. I thought about him as an option as well, but the Kings have no need.

Reactions: King Trouty

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Okay.....thanks for the insights. I just still think we could use some depth at RD and LW in case of injuries. With the responses I am getting Anthony Duclair in not a good choice. Any other ideas or does everyone think we are good at RD and LW......?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Kovalchuk, Pearson, Iafallo, Clifford are set at LW, Kempe and Thompson could shift there as well.

Off topic and I understand why he's on the roster, faceoffs!, but I'd waive Thompson in a heartbeat.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

This is the issue for me. Assuming he can play both wings how does he beat out the people you mentioned plus Toffoli, Brown, Vilardi and Lewis (if he slides over).

I think if LA were interested in a player like Duclair they would have re-signed Reider.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
tippett ruined him, like he's done to many others.. he overachieved a bit that season with domi imo

nothing against him, i like him as a player, he just wasn't developed right

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Off topic and I understand why he's on the roster, faceoffs!, but I'd waive Thompson in a heartbeat.

Well, Antoine Vermette can win faceoffs... I figure Thompson fits in the Colin Fraser mold, so he'll stick around for the remaining year on his contract.

Letestu is another intriguing center.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Well, Antoine Vermette can win faceoffs... I figure Thompson fits in the Colin Fraser mold, so he'll stick around for the remaining year on his contract.

Letestu is another intriguing center.
Fraser was faster and far more physical. Thompson meets the Gud pro, vet quota for the Kings.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Okay.....thanks for the insights. I just still think we could use some depth at RD and LW in case of injuries. With the responses I am getting Anthony Duclair in not a good choice. Any other ideas or does everyone think we are good at RD and LW......?

It's a hard cap league. Outside of cheap 3rd string goalies, not many teams sign guys just in case of injury. If an injury happens, then you deal with it.

They do need to fill out the forward position in Ontario, but I don't know what the vet maximum is in NHL games played. If there's even a GP max. I know there's a max in how many vets you can have in a game. 213 GP seems like it would be pushing the limits if there is one.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
There's a reason he's looking for his 4th team in only a couple of years. He wouldn't fit in anyways.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings are gonna be popping this year. No need for Duclair unless we hopefully shoot Clifford into an asteroid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad