Speculation: Should the Jets have been a playoff team?

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
We're now 10 games into the new coach era.

For most of the year alot of people have been stating the Jets should not have been expected to fight for a playoff spot.

Others contended that we had the talent needed to secure a bottom playoff spot, regardless of the 'big bad West', but there were certain things preventing us from doing so.

Now that we've see how the Jets have played (and it is just a small sample size, but still 1/8 of the season), have you changed your opinion on whether we should have made the playoffs?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I don't think we'll continue getting 80% of the wins.

However, there were some stretches in the season where PMo might have made a difference and got us some more points, and we'd currently be holding a playoff spot instead of scrambling for one.

It remains to be seen if we can make the playoffs, but we're right in the thick of it now.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought we were good enough to grab a wildcard spot at the start of the year, at this point I think we're going to run out of games trying to catch teams. Hope I'm wrong though.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pre season I believed this team was good enough to make the playoffs.

I have long contested that better coaching and league average goaltending would be critical for us to become a winner.

While I see the holes in the roster there are too many good players on the team to not win more consistently. We have the coaching, and we've had better goaltending. You see the 2 games we've lost on this run and they were both in part due to substandard goaltending.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Voted for the first choice, but I must admit I had pretty much given up hope prior to coach Mo and the turn around.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
With average to good goaltending...it should be.

This team can score. Always been a matter of keeping the puck out of the net.

It's not so much a matter of being good enough, it's a matter of playing good enough. We can beat anyone.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I really thought we would make it at the start of the year. And I believe again.

A month ago I would of said good enough at start and not good enough now. But times change :yo:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm very pleased by the fact that we appear to have a chance. Three weeks ago I would have said it was all over. At the start of the season I was pretty confident we were playoff bound...

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Hard to say, as timing could be the main thing. I mean if the the Jets hadn't hit rock bottom with Noel, would they have reacted as well to Maurice? Far too many intangibles, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad