Proposal: Should the Jets go for Mrazek?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
No. He isn't good enough.

How about,
No. He is not good enough and he won't be able to cover up for our mediocre defense.

Not good enough should just be an option as well.

My thinking is the same.

With goaltenders, I don't care so much if they have an attitude, but when you're attitude is that you don't have to listen to coaching because you're good, but really you suck, that is a major problem.

I'd happy have a cocky Mrazek playing at a 0.920 SV% level.

But a cocky Mrazek playing at a 0.905 SV% level is an awful option.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'm not going to vote because I hate being pigeon-holed. Give me a Yes or No option, and let me explain and discuss my rationale in the posts.

BTW, I would have voted No because he sounds like a problem player that Detroit was only too happy to make available, hoping that LV would solve their problem for them.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Yes with hesitation
I think he can be good, but that's basically the same as Hellebuyck. Probably better to get someone to split with Helle until he becomes a full #1.

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
The value of Goalies right now seems pretty favorable at the moment. Looks like the Jets are 'all in' now too. So, timing couldn't be better to aquire one. I think they need to do better than Mzarek though, considering some of the other available options.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
No. He isn't good enough.

Tough crowd. One bad season means he isn't good enough?

Went with yes, but hesitation. Hesitation in terms of his rumoured attitude issues. He also reminds me of young MAF from a technical standpoint, and that's not a good thing.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Detroit's under no real pressure to deal him now though...his cost will have certainly gone up.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Can you expand on the attitude issues?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/golden-knights-shouldn-t-hesitate-to-draft-mrazek-after-red-wings-puzzling-decision

While no one knows exactly what the reason for the change of heart has been, some have speculated it boils down to an issue of off-ice attitude. MLive.com's Ansar Khan reported that, “sometimes (Mrazek’s) too cocky for his own good, some in the organization believe. He became increasingly difficult to coach last season, they said.â€

If this was a calculated move to scare VGK away from taking him, it sure seemed to work. I mean really, Tomas Nosek? :huh:

Krave

Dec 30, 2016
Schneider from NJD throw in Kovalchuk with him :) :) :)

MP, Hutch, some youngins, and high draft pick(s) woo!

DREAM ON!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad