Coach Discussion: Should the Jets fire Maurice before the Playoffs?

Should the Jets fire Maurice before the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wouldn't, as he has them playing OK and in the playoffs. With all the distractions like the Laine trade, the last thing they need is a new coach right now. See what they do in the playoffs, and if no results, you have to start looking at a coach change quite seriously.

Also like the above poster said -- then there's the Covid situation as well.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Easy no, fire the entire coaching staff this summer and replace them all. Doing it now makes no sense to me and just looks bush league IMO. No new coach is coming in here we so few games left and turning this team around......so the only reason to do it now is petty and trying to embarress the guy. This is akin to pulling the goalie between periods when you can instead of during the game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Chevy knows this team is headed nowhere this year, why embarrass Maurice before it’s over. I still think he’ll be back next year but there is going to have to be some agreement on integrating our young players into the lineup.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Doesn’t really matter, either way the team is toast this year. I personally want him gone now because I don’t trust True North to dump him in the offseason, but the classy thing to do would be to let him ride out the year and not bring him back next year.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Believe me, I've been on the "Fire Maurice" train for years and really hope it happens this summer
No point in doing it before the playoffs though - would totally shake up the room, maybe annoy some vets, and probably wouldn't help much
I hope we win the Cup but if not (and maybe if so) then we can turf Paul out in July.

Reactions: JetsUK

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Easy no, fire the entire coaching staff this summer and replace them all. Doing it now makes no sense to me and just looks bush league IMO. No new coach is coming in here we so few games left and turning this team around......so the only reason to do it now is petty and trying to embarress the guy. This is akin to pulling the goalie between periods when you can instead of during the game.

I was thinking of New Jersey firing Ftorek one year with 8 games left and going to the SC final under Larry Robinson. It would be a big shake-up. Maybe promote Lowry, add Vincent to the staff who has been around some of the younger guys.

Going into the playoffs in flames is going to have repercussions.

I don't think it will happen for the record, but some roster tweaks and some youth infusion could change the crash course we're on.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy knows this team is headed nowhere this year, why embarrass Maurice before it’s over. I still think he’ll be back next year but there is going to have to be some agreement on integrating our young players into the lineup.

Why give him yet another chance. This team has been a disorganized mess for a couple of years now and imo there are a few players who are far too complacent in the locker room that could use a wake up call. I think a new voice plus the integration of our youth would go along ways to revitalizing this group.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
so the only reason to do it now is petty and trying to embarress the guy.

If that were to happen, I would be...

6718f0ad52d2881eccbc9d9e369a8cc1.gif

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
The third period was good tonight, why would you want to fire the coach. Makes no sense when he has them play best they can. Need better players everyone knows that.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The third period was good tonight, why would you want to fire the coach. Makes no sense when he has them play best they can. Need better players everyone knows that.

If Hellebuyck doesn't make 2 absolutely mind boggling saves it's 5 1.

Let that sink In. Let's also let the fact that we can't score sink in.

Maurice is responsible for the guys he chooses to put on the ice.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I was thinking of New Jersey firing Ftorek one year with 8 games left and going to the SC final under Larry Robinson. It would be a big shake-up. Maybe promote Lowry, add Vincent to the staff who has been around some of the younger guys.

Going into the playoffs in flames is going to have repercussions.

I don't think it will happen for the record, but some roster tweaks and some youth infusion could change the crash course we're on.

There is no Larry R available out there, just a bunch of guys who are similar to PMO. Sooner hold off now, do a extensive search and find some new blood not any of these rehash old school coaches most teams hire.

No interest in Vincent, he got demoted for a reason and hasn’t done much in the AHL to change my mind. Lowry is the only coach on our staff I would think about firing or not.....

Reactions: Ducky10

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Yeah, so the thing is... we have better players, but Maurice doesn't play them.

In any case, as much as I'd like to see a change, I don't see the point firing him now. Please for the love of god after the playoffs though, get a new coach early so we get a full training camp to adjust.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Isn't it at the point where it doesn't f***ing matter who is behind the bench? I mean.... Almost 8 seasons of this guy... FFS my mom would be a better choice right now. She can skate and would straighten 55 out pretty quickly

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
If Hellebuyck doesn't make 2 absolutely mind boggling saves it's 5 1.

Let that sink In. Let's also let the fact that we can't score sink in.

Maurice is responsible for the guys he chooses to put on the ice.
Won't make a difference when you don't have better options. This isn't a video game.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Yeah, so the thing is... we have better players, but Maurice doesn't play them.

In any case, as much as I'd like to see a change, I don't see the point firing him now. Please for the love of god after the playoffs though, get a new coach early so we get a full training camp to adjust.
We don't have difference makers sitting around. Speculating which Moose are better isn't realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad