Should the jets disclose their draft list the day after the draft?

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
Why not release it only to Jet fans prior to the draft so we can follow along at home. We just have to promise not to give the list to other teams. We can keep a secret can'tbwe? :sarcasm:

We have to be suspicious of the 29 older gentlemen who show up in suits and Jets hats grinning the entire time in line for the list.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The Jets should never disclose their list.

There may be players the Jets like that they may try to acquire in the future, like Armia.

Why alert the other 29 teams as to who the Jets would covet?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I always thought that would be an incredible thing to use your Jets reward points towards. To be able to go into the "war room" the day after the draft and check out the Jets rankings.

You'd obviously not be allowed cameras, cell phones, to be able to write down names, etc. in the room.

For most people you'd just be looking at the top 10 - 30 names on their board and then being able to see where they actually had the players ranked that they ended up drafting.

It would be very interesting to be able to peek behind the curtain but maybe the risk of losing proprietary information is too great.

It would likely get out that "The Jets had Trouba ranked 4th and got him at 9" or "At pick 22 the Jets drafted ______________ and they had him ranked 10th on their board."

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I always thought that would be an incredible thing to use your Jets reward points towards. To be able to go into the "war room" the day after the draft and check out the Jets rankings.

You'd obviously not be allowed cameras, cell phones, to be able to write down names, etc. in the room.

For most people you'd just be looking at the top 10 - 30 names on their board and then being able to see where they actually had the players ranked that they ended up drafting.

It would be very interesting to be able to peek behind the curtain but maybe the risk of losing proprietary information is too great.

It would likely get out that "The Jets had Trouba ranked 4th and got him at 9" or "At pick 22 the Jets drafted ______________ and they had him ranked 10th on their board."

I doubt there's a physical board. It's 2016. You'd be staring at a table of people on tablets/laptops.

There isn't a war room, there's a draft floor and every team is there.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I doubt there's a physical board. It's 2016. You'd be staring at a table of people on tablets/laptops.

1) There is most likely some sort of board for everyone to see... you can still have computers in front of you and also look at a board.

2) There is for sure a war-room of some sort, where do you think everyone meets and goes over their lists before draft day?

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

See:

In 2013 the Flyers had a physical board they crossed out and wrote on with sharpies... which they did inside a war room.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Teams have suites/meeting rooms. Everyone does it. But during the 1st rd of the draft, the room is empty. Everyone is on ethe draft floor. They also use those suites to interview perspective UFA's since the interview period always opens up on the second day of the draft.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Bad idea. I don't want other teams seeing where we rank players that could be passed over entirely this year and still be available again next year.

We got players like Hellebyuck, Poolman, Lipon, and Copp after their official draft years and may have missed out on them if we had advertised our interest in them.

I'd prefer Chevy and co to play their cards closer to the chest.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I think it could be really fascinating. Especially to see them try and wrangle deals and stuff. The oilers have a show called Oil Change, no obviously its the oilers and no one cares, but it follows the team around and the management and stuff...even the scouts. The deadline day episode was really really cool. Apparently they had teams calling about Dubnyk and stuff.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think it could be really fascinating. Especially to see them try and wrangle deals and stuff. The oilers have a show called Oil Change, no obviously its the oilers and no one cares, but it follows the team around and the management and stuff...even the scouts. The deadline day episode was really really cool. Apparently they had teams calling about Dubnyk and stuff.

Teams were calling the Oilers about Minnesota's goalie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad