Should The Flames Go After Callahan?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I would inquire, but not until FA. I don't want to give up assets if he might just end up signing in Buffalo or something anyways.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
IF we could sign him to an extension, I'd trade Glencross for him. I'm a HUGE Callahan fan, he does what Glencross does but better, and he's 2 years younger. He is a fantastic leader, and I have never seen any indications that he's a selfish kind of a guy. Our young guys would benefit immensely from having him on our team, much like Gio.

I really don't think NYR is looking for futures to deal him, they want to make the playoffs now. I think they are looking a roster player (ie. Glencross).

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
IF we could sign him to an extension, I'd trade Glencross for him. I'm a HUGE Callahan fan, he does what Glencross does but better, and he's 2 years younger. He is a fantastic leader, and I have never seen any indications that he's a selfish kind of a guy. Our young guys would benefit immensely from having him on our team, much like Gio.

I really don't think NYR is looking for futures to deal him, they want to make the playoffs now. I think they are looking a roster player (ie. Glencross).

Does he do what Glencross does 3x better than Glencross? Because that's what his contract demands seem to indicate.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Does he do what Glencross does 3x better than Glencross? Because that's what his contract demands seem to indicate.

If the cap rises to 80-90 million over the next 4-5 years, the contract he would be signing of 6-6.5 will be market value (it would be the equivalent to 4.5 now). His contract will also be of little concern with all the ELC's our team will have over the next several years. I like Callahan for his leadership qualities and his physical play. He's a sparkplug, and his team rallies around him. He would be a fantastic add.

Ozil

Mar 31, 2012
Calgary, AB
Wouldn't trade any assets for him. Even as FA I'd be hesitant as he'll want top dollar and term. At 28 years of age and not being an elite forward that contract will become an albatross in a few years

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
I think we should stay away from him at that money. Whoever pays that, I think, will be stuck with a Clarkson type contract. His reputation exceeds his results and his contract will handicap whoever signs him for many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad