OT: Should the Coyotes Offer Tie Domi a Staff Position?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ah, did you guys cross paths often? Running into the same professional athlete often is weird to me haha. I'm assuming you mean in Winnipeg though, which I've heard is smallish especially compared to the Phoenix area.

Winnipeg is a very very small city.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Edit: The article I found on the tie and his ex wife wasn't pretty.

This is from an article about Max and Tie from CTV Canada

The estranged wife of ex-Toronto Maple Leaf tough guy Tie Domi is bringing him back to court on Thursday and threatening to shut him out of their children's lives until he and the family undergo psychological assessments.
"Tie Domi's relationship to the children is disastrous: He has induced our son Max (11) to become seriously violent and uncontrollable," states Leanne Domi in documents filed in court and obtained by the Toronto Sun.
"He is trying to recreate Max in his own image -- as a bully and an abuser, and this has now caught the attention of Max's school and hockey coaches."
Leanne alleges Domi recently told his 13-year-old daughter Carlin that she "is making his life a living hell."
"He has reduced our daughter Avery (8) to hiding from him to prevent being with him; and he has unleashed upon our eldest daughter Carlin a series of furious, vicious verbal attacks that have left her in tears."

Max, who is the captain of a Triple A hockey team and was described as "mature, caring and polite," is changing for the worse since the couple split in September, the documents state.
"Tie has bonded with Max in a way that is destructive: He has become fixated on Max's hockey career. Tie has embarked on a campaign against Max's hockey coach. Max told me Tie has told Max not to listen to his coach and Max has been disrespectful of the coach," Leanne alleges.
"Max has punched a boy so badly that his face was bleeding and he did so for no other reason than he felt like it," the documents state.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That's what I've heard, makes sense. I've always lived in the phoenix area so that whole concept is just odd to me. Do you still run into NHLers regularly?

I actually ran into John paddock at the memorial cup a few years back (along with Domi and several other former NHL'ers), Brad Treliving (we talked about Domi versus Horvat), and former GM Mike Barnett. I'm not at that age though where I would be in the same establishments as a 20-30 year old hockey player.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I actually ran into John paddock at the memorial cup a few years back (along with Domi and several other former NHL'ers), Brad Treliving (we talked about Domi versus Horvat), and former GM Mike Barnett. I'm not at that age though where I would be in the same establishments as a 20-30 year old hockey player.
That's pretty damn cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad