Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
He got 3 games. You are implying if he was a Bruin he would get over 3x the penalty.

No if it was Marchand, he would've got more and he should get more. It would be his like third DOPS infraction this year.

Going fishing elsewhere you keep dropping bait looking for an interaction that I'm not giving you.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Brad Marchand is actually offensively potent.

So that means it would be a good idea for someone to take him to the box after provoking him and beating his face in.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No if it was Marchand, he would've got more and he should get more. It would be his like third DOPS infraction this year.

Going fishing elsewhere you keep dropping bait looking for an interaction that I'm not giving you.

If so I apologize. I've just been reading Bruins fans crying about apparently a double standard all day so I lumped you in.

Reactions: egelband

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
If so I apologize. I've just been reading Bruins fans crying about apparently a double standard all day so I lumped you in.

I also think your straw manning if you feel like you are righteously arguing with Bruins fans in this thread. 1st) Marchand did nothing suspendable in that game. 2) The thread is just full of hyperbole about how he's super dirty and it doesn't matter what he did because he should be suspended for being a big meanie stupid head.

If you want to say Marchand has a bad history and is going to be held to a stricter standard than anyone barring a magnificent return of Raffi Torres. Than I agree.

That was my take on this thread.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Yeah Kadri totally wasn't trying to play edgy and wound up concussing someone in game 1. Just his "hot head" unlike rat dirty Marchand hisss.

There is an absolute chasm of difference between making mistakes/ crossing lines while trying to throw big hits and going around sneaking cheap shots. A Kadri that is more willing to fight is seen as a throwback, whereas no version of Marchand that keeps up the antics is respected.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
images-18.jpg

Reactions: Lilou

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
Everyone seems focused on the slash, but to me this is the more clear attempt to injure.
I agree.

When I looked at the original video, the slash bothered me less than this sliding tackle. Someone may argue that the slash, were it to connect, would be more likely to injure but I see all sorts of injury risk with this cheapshot move.

Does Marchand ever hit anyone on the up and up or is it always underhanded? Does he ever play a clean 60 minutes?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
None of the videos presented in the OP are suspendible incidents. This thread is more about which team has the dirtier player and continued anger about Kadri getting suspended.
If we are angry about Kadri getting suspended...it's at Kadri himself for doing something stupid.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
There is an absolute chasm of difference between making mistakes/ crossing lines while trying to throw big hits and going around sneaking cheap shots. A Kadri that is more willing to fight is seen as a throwback, whereas no version of Marchand that keeps up the antics is respected.

No Marchand is pretty much viewed as the perfect pest. He's a throwback and he's probably the highest producing pest of all time. At least(his production I mean), for the last few years.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Are you serious with this? You think he should be suspended for any of these things?

I cannot stand Brad Marchand. Easily my least favorite player in the league, but this has to be a joke. These are not even remotely close to suspendible offences. Get real.
What is your take on the slewfoot on Johnsson? Do you think that is a hockey play? Something unlikely to lead to injury? Unintentional by Marchand? Simply all of the above...nothing remotely suspendible?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What is your take on the slewfoot on Johnsson? Do you think that is a hockey play? Something unlikely to lead to injury? Unintentional by Marchand? Simply all of the above...nothing remotely suspendible?

I think people see it at first and think it is an accident, but upon further review, it is not intentional, and it is not hockey.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They are dirty plays by a dirty player but not suspendible.

Now if somebody got injured on the play it's a different story. Then yup, he'd be suspended almost for sure on the slash and slewfoot.

You can argue (with some basis for it) that the league is too slack on these kinds of plays and they SHOULD be policed harder. But the fact is that they aren't. Going by the standards that we've seen there really isn't anything suspension worthy that I've seen here.

And I can't stand Brad Marchand...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When youre a walking, talking, pile of shit like Marchand, you dont know any other way to act.

Reactions: Lilou

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I hope Marchand and Boston win the SC. Tough and mean. Love it!

Imagine the tears here if that happens and Marchand gets the Smythe...

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
He got away with a lot. I don't know how the refs don't see it. Taking out Johnsens legs should have had him kicked out of the game. When Kadri returns he should do exactly what marchand did. Throw these little cheapshots and maybe take out bergerons legs like marchand did yesterday. Let's see how much bruin fans like it then.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Leaf fan here. Stupid? Yes. Suspendable? no.

I can’t stand Marchand and he somehow slimes his way out of many plays that I feel are suspendable but this isn’t one of those.

Reactions: TD Charlie

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He got away with a lot. I don't know how the refs don't see it. Taking out Johnsens legs should have had him kicked out of the game. When Kadri returns he should do exactly what marchand did. Throw these little cheapshots and maybe take out bergerons legs like marchand did yesterday. Let's see how much bruin fans like it then.

What grounds would the ejection be for? Falling down? Ice is slippery.

Reactions: TD Charlie

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
No Marchand is pretty much viewed as the perfect pest. He's a throwback and he's probably the highest producing pest of all time. At least(his production I mean), for the last few years.

Lol that's a complete oxymoron if you're using the word throwback as its meant (in a positive sense). No one looks back at Lemieux/Tikkanen/Samuelsson/Neimenan/Kaleta/Ott/ fondly and lionizes them as the good old boys playing hockey the way its meant to be played. They're the rats, but atleast when they did it there was a price to be paid.

Throwback rat, that's a good one! Everyone at the bars definitely sips away commiserating at how the game needs more players that have perfected the art playing dirty without repercussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad