Proposal: Should Marc Bergevin pull a Lou Lamoriello?

Avengers*

Lou Lamoriello fired Claude Julien 3 games before the playoffs back in 2007.

I think Marc Bergevin should do the same thing.

Michel Therrien has clearly lost the room and he is ruining subban.

JJ Daigneault should get the boot too.

What do you think?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
9583823-580x323.jpg

#hireboucher!

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Yep, Right now he is running Eller, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu ( Not even with the team anymore... Urgh) and Vanek.

If your D isnt any good and your star goalie is injured you have to find a way to win games. What is that way ? Scorning goals and with MT`s system we do everything but that.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
You could also say Should Marc Bergevin pull a Bylsma ! But which coach do you have in mind ? I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure Boucher is that kind of coach, he's a strategist, and strategies take time to implement. Again, I don't mind, but which coach to replace good ole dummy MT ?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's worked for Philly and for Winnipeg so far. I really truly don't see how it could hurt at this point.

MT, in his knowing more than you, still doesn't seem to get it and the players sure as hell don't get him.

Bergy, you got us Vanek, now ditch MT! DO IT!!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not a big fan of last minute moves like this but YES it absolutely should be done in this case. This guy needs the boot but good.

Late is better than never.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
While I agree that Therrien is a problem, I'm not convinced Boucher is the solution.

I am in the camp that feels the team wins in spite of Therrien instead of because of him.

What am I most in favor of? A coaching staff that includes Larry Robinson (in ANY capacity).

Avengers*

You could also say Should Marc Bergevin pull a Bylsma ! But which coach do you have in mind ? I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure Boucher is that kind of coach, he's a strategist, and strategies take time to implement. Again, I don't mind, but which coach to replace good ole dummy MT ?

Guy Boucher is the way to go. he is available and he speaks french. he coached pacioretty, desharnais and subban in hamilton back in 2009-2010. he is good on the mental and treats players like humans.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
While I agree that Therrien is a problem, I'm not convinced Boucher is the solution.

I am in the camp that feels the team wins in spite of Therrien instead of because of him.

What am I most in favor of? A coaching staff that includes Larry Robinson (in ANY capacity).

we need to make the change not only to try and salvage this year but for next year as well. After watching the last 5 games reinforces that we need a change. seeing Subban look like Bouillion out there is scary, Gallagher looks like he is out sync, Eller looks lost and Galchenyuk does not get any quality ice time . If there is no change made now I am not sure what it will take. Over the years this franchise has wasted a lot of players and if according to Molson his goal is to win the cup then he better act fast before we waste what we have now.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Hell ****ing yeah...

I wasn't sure at first, but yeah fire his ass, bring in Boucher. That way MB says to his players "I believe in you, not that incompetant who "coached" you"...

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
This is a man who iced Bouillon-Subban as a pair, against the Bruins, after not playing Francis Bouillon for the previous fifteen games, and gave Bouillon 24 minutes of ice time.

That alone should get him fired.

Back to the couch MT, back to the couch.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Guy Boucher is the way to go. he is available and he speaks french. he coached pacioretty, desharnais and subban in hamilton back in 2009-2010. he is good on the mental and treats players like humans.

I think I read somewhere that Subban said Boucher was the best coach he's ever had. That's good enough for me.:nod:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Yes. It would shock the troops. We might have better chance to go deep in the playoffs or simply reach the playoff and put Vanek to good use since he's not re-signing here anyway (apparently). Therrien hasn't synched with the team it would seem anyway, so we might as well cut our losses now.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
How bad is this team since a couple of months well They were 19-9-3 when they face LA on dec. 10 and lost 6-0, since then they play .500 hockey...

16-16-4 GF 82 GA 105 diff -23

That's just ****ing disgusting, MT should have been fired a month ago...

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
we need to make the change not only to try and salvage this year but for next year as well. After watching the last 5 games reinforces that we need a change. seeing Subban look like Bouillion out there is scary, Gallagher looks like he is out sync, Eller looks lost and Galchenyuk does not get any quality ice time . If there is no change made now I am not sure what it will take. Over the years this franchise has wasted a lot of players and if according to Molson his goal is to win the cup then he better act fast before we waste what we have now.

I'm looking to the future too. I'm not convinced Boucher is the answer. He fell into the 'trap' of using the trap during his time in Tampa.

I mention Larry Robinson because he went to Bergevin and asked to be part of things . He genuinely wanted to work with our young players. Bergevin declined, opting for Daigneault instead. All respect to JJ, but he's no Robinson.

I never liked the Therrien signing. I'm just non-committal about who should be the replacement. I like Dom Ducharme in Halifax a lot, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL. Sylvain Lefebvre would be an obvious choice if they chose to promote from within, but he hasn't exactly done wonders with the team in Hamilton.

IMO, as long as there's a requirement for a French speaking coach the chances of truly getting the best coach available will be undermined and we the fans will always be left wanting.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm looking to the future too. I'm not convinced Boucher is the answer. He fell into the 'trap' of using the trap during his time in Tampa.

I mention Larry Robinson because he went to Bergevin and asked to be part of things . He genuinely wanted to work with our young players. Bergevin declined, opting for Daigneault instead. All respect to JJ, but he's no Robinson.

I never liked the Therrien signing. I'm just non-committal about who should be the replacement. I like Dom Ducharme in Halifax a lot, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL. Sylvain Lefebvre would be an obvious choice if they chose to promote from within, but he hasn't exactly done wonders with the team in Hamilton.

IMO, as long as there's a requirement for a French speaking coach the chances of truly getting the best coach available will be undermined and we the fans will always be left wanting.

I thought it was Therrien who opted to go with JJ instead of Robinson.

BobBobrovsky*

Lou Lamoriello fired Claude Julien 3 games before the playoffs back in 2007.

I think Marc Bergevin should do the same thing.

Michel Therrien has clearly lost the room and he is ruining subban.

JJ Daigneault should get the boot too.

What do you think?

To ask the question is to answer it. Of course he should but I doubt that MB has the stones to do it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Considering I was pretty pissed off at the time of the hiring, I'd be ecstatic to see him go.

Won't happen though.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
If I was MB, I would be on the phone negotiating a contract with Boucher as we speak. Press conference for tomorrow at 2pm :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad