Should I write my name under "brooks was here"?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I might be- I could be- I hate myself- I hate my parents- I hate Spongebob- I hate God- I like Hitler- I hate the Hittites-

I hate saying this. But I maybe sorta am pulling for the Rangers.

For clarification, when I mail in my Flyers Fan Card, which body parts should I include? If we're talking Game Of Thrones Greyjoy parts, I'll resist, but I'll understand.

I don't know what it is but I find their current team very difficult to hate. They're everything we're not but always wanted to be. They're defensively responsible...almost humble. They've got dat goalie. And while we've got one now, they've been building around theirs for a decade.

And they're an unprecedented underdog.

On a strictly emotional level, I'm beyond ambivalent.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'm with ya. I'm cheering for NYR, and I don't think it's that big a deal. I just like them more than LA (and no, it's not because of R and C. I want to see them win).

There just isn't a real rivalry between our teams to justify me investing any hatred toward them. They're actually a likable team, and I see no reason why some people consider it "unthinkable" to hope they win here.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Because they are new york and we are philadelphia. It is unthinkable. **** everything new york.

You're really going to root for an in division opponent whos fans will gloat and hold it over our heads for however long it takes for us to finally get one?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Because they are new york and we are philadelphia. It is unthinkable. **** everything new york.

You're really going to root for an in division opponent whos fans will gloat and hold it over our heads for however long it takes for us to finally get one?

All the Rangers fans (read: RANGERS fans, not any other NY fanbase) are pretty humble and knowledgeable about the game. I could live with it.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA

I am, I personally don't know any actual Rangers fan that would rub it in if they win so I am cool with cheering for the Rags in this instance. Just don't want to see the Bobsy twins and Williams win yet another Cup.:cry:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
At the same time as both of my eyes swelling up and then bursting with shame, ....

I really don't have anything to add to that. **** the rags.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I might be- I could be- I hate myself- I hate my parents- I hate Spongebob- I hate God- I like Hitler- I hate the Hittites-

For clarification, when I mail in my Flyers Fan Card, which body parts should I include? If we're talking Game Of Thrones Greyjoy parts, I'll resist, but I'll understand.

I don't know what it is but I find their current team very difficult to hate. They're everything we're not but always wanted to be. They're defensively responsible...almost humble. They've got dat goalie. And while we've got one now, they've been building around theirs for a decade.

Is it really tolerated around here to post that one likes Hitler? That's pretty stupid, even as a joke.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Positives about Rangers winning:

-I hate those Western elitists
-I hate seeing former Flyers win the cup especially Carter.

Negatives about Rangers winning:

-The Rangers win the ******* Stanley Cup

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013

Greyjoy...

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Well you hate spongebob, therefore your opinion is invalid.

But yeah our series with them was so stale I frankly have no interest in hating them anymore. I hope it picks up again though , because I really enjoy rivalries. Hating a team with a passion allows me to become so much more invested in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
That's going to change if they win a Cup and the bandwagon fills up. Such is the way of big metro areas.

This. So much this.

Also, they'd be bragging about beating the Flyers and the "Flyers West" en route to the cup; we don't need that.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
St. Louis is a whiny ***** who forced his way out of Tampa because he couldn't make team Canada. He and Richards, who is an overpaid and just generally seems like a dick, helped beat the Flyers in '04. Nash is overpaid and has been overrated for his entire career. Boyle is giant puss bag. Staal looks like his in the Hitler Youth, and finally there is Carcillo who is quite clearly one of the most hateable players in the league.

I don't care how dreamy Lundqvist is, **** the rags

sg12lw

Aug 22, 2008
St. Louis is a whiny ***** who forced his way out of Tampa because he couldn't make team Canada. He and Richards, who is an overpaid and just generally seems like a dick, helped beat the Flyers in '04. Nash is overpaid and has been overrated for his entire career. Boyle is giant puss bag. Staal looks like his in the Hitler Youth, and finally there is Carcillo who is quite clearly one of the most hateable players in the league.

I don't care how dreamy Lundqvist is, **** the rags

Love this whole post, but especially that haha

If you are a flyers fan and you are rooting for the rags, you should be ashamed of yourself. End of story

It will pain me as much as anyone to see Carter and Richards win again but they already got a cup so whats the difference. No way am I okay with the ****ing rags winning a cup. **** that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad